Sovtek MIG

• Thread starter Thread starter CaseyCor
  • Start date Start date
C
CaseyCor
Anyone have any experience with these? Saw one like 8 years ago..been a long time.

Seems like it'd be cool to have one modded :rock:

Just had a good idea..

Run a A/B/Y box into both inputs, with some boosts in between.

Gives me clean/lead/mixed, with different OD's I can turn on/off.

Interesting..

a krank revolution is a modified mig 100h, a mig 100h is a modifed jcm 800 with 6l6s. should give you a ballpark idea.

I had a Mig50 about 15 years ago. Supposedly it was based on a bassman.

It was cool, if you cranked it you got a great AC/DC type crunch. I used it as a clean power amp for my Boogie Studio Preamp.

Scott

I also had one about 15 years ago. Had a great crunch sound.

I think I may pick one up soon for $180 if the seller hasn't sold it yet :thumbsup:

each MIG model has a different circuit
the mig 100 is a slightly hot rodded JCM 800 2203, the mig50 is a 1987 plexi, the mig50h and mig100h are 4 stagers without cathode followers (similar to a Krank Rev), the mig500 seems to be some kind of Fender (?)

I used to have a mig60, which has EL34's. It supposed to be kind of like a JCM800. Great crunch on that amp. Kind of a one trick pony, but a good on trick. Cleans were not the best. Its an amp that I would think of having a dual amp rig, one for clean and one for dirty, the mig 60 would be the dirty....

blackba":3ago0zcx said:
I used to have a mig60, which has EL34's. It supposed to be kind of like a JCM800.

the schematic looks like a jumped 1959 plexi without the bright input stage (no upper mid boost)
only the MIG100 is a JCM800, and still not 100% a like a 2203
more like a Krank Chadwick

From what I've read, none of the Mig are like a 800. The 50 is bassman, 60 and 100 are supposed to be plexi or superlead.

Still, cool amps. Those and the old Traynor yba are great for modding.

Back