Guitar rack - finished

• Thread starter Thread starter Bob Savage
  • Start date Start date
B
Bob Savage
Finished and installed. It's actually a 10 guitar rack but I only have 8 guitars right now. When the time comes that I need more space I'll just screw in two more hangars.

GuitarRackInstalled1.jpg

GuitarRackInstalled2.jpg

GuitarRackInstalled3.jpg

GuitarRackInstalled4.jpg

This is stellar activity!

I can't believe how many gitfiddles you got now... :rock:

Need tele and LP vids ASAP!

Steve

Looks great .... :)

Nice collection..
I see no acoustic instruments ?

amiller":1tx5bbvj said:
Absolutely beautiful...Great job!

Thank you.

sah5150":1tx5bbvj said:
This is stellar activity!

I can't believe how many gitfiddles you got now... :rock:

Need tele and LP vids ASAP!

Steve

:thumbsup: Now that the room is finished enough to be comfortable I suspect the motivation to do just that is there. Plus I'm dying to throw the solo to The Rover into something now that I've learned it. ;)

stephen sawall":1tx5bbvj said:
Looks great .... :)

Nice collection..
I see no acoustic instruments ?

Nope, haven't owned an acoustic since probably 1984/85. Maybe one is in my future but not just yet.

Oh, now that turned out great. Going to have to do something similar. Excellent work.

So what're your plans for all that figured wood stashed up in your rafters?

That's awesome Bob! I like the subtle difference on the arms, from the wall plate. Very cool man.

Very nice set-up. Love that Charvel and the Flat Black LTD.

Nice. Putting them at an angle was a great idea for showing them off :rock:

Cool Bob! :rock:
From them pics you would swear your Jam area was a showroom at a music store. :lol: :LOL:

xXDaveyJonesXx":3tch9v84 said:
Oh, now that turned out great. Going to have to do something similar. Excellent work.

So what're your plans for all that figured wood stashed up in your rafters?

Thanks bud.

No plans. When I see nice pieces I buy them because generally when a project comes along what I want isn't available unless I want to go online and pay a hefty price, so I just keep a nice assortment in inventory and replace it as it's used.

garey77":3tch9v84 said:
That's awesome Bob! I like the subtle difference on the arms, from the wall plate. Very cool man.

Thank you and I agree. I had intended on using hard maple for the hangar brackets but my supplier didn't have 8/4 Maple and I didn't want to deal with resawing 12/4, plus it was more than I wanted to spend so I use Poplar for the brackets. The Maple probably would have looked good too but I do like the contrast of the Poplar brackets and curly soft Maple backboard.

LowDesertSludge":3tch9v84 said:
Very nice set-up. Love that Charvel and the Flat Black LTD.

Thanks man. The flat black LTD is on it's way to becoming an ocean blue metal LTD, however, after hitting it with scotchbrite I did consider how cool it looks beaten and contemplated being lazy and not doing what I had planned. :)

Shark Diver":3tch9v84 said:
Nice. Putting them at an angle was a great idea for showing them off :rock:

The main reason for the angle was to allow more guitars along the wall but I agree, they look pretty good at an angle like that.

Mailman1971":3tch9v84 said:
Cool Bob! :rock:
From them pics you would swear your Jam area was a showroom at a music store. :lol: :LOL:

LOL... no music store has that nice of a hangar rack. ;)

Quality work and idea! Nicely done!

Looks like there is room for a couple more perhaps? ;)

Thx for sharing!

:)

That came out awesome. I may have to look into that design when the new(!) table saw gets here.

Back