Traditionalists don't bother to come in

• Thread starter Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date Start date
Steinmetzify
Steinmetzify
Didn't see a thread about this.....I'm not a huge fan of Periphery in particular and not a fan of djent at all, but the dude has some of the sickest guitars I've ever seen. This is his new one from luthier/engineer/design master Rick Toone.

I took one look and hated it, and took some more looks and got interested, and read the specs and though "holy sh*t". This guitar belongs to a guy named Misha Mansoor, who is a guitarist in the band Periphery....I don't dig all of their music, but the guy is an accomplished guitarist. He got in touch with Rick and told him to build a guitar based on steampunk and an F-22.0 This is the result...I ask that people don't make snap judgements....take a look at it, how it's constructed, and the ergonomics of the thing....one thing I thought was really cool is that it's designed to sit on your outer thigh and have the neck (which is made out of aluminum, BTW) be up in a classical position, and another was where the controls are in relation to where your hands are when playing. Rick holds a bunch of patents for neck profiles, and also bridges, tuning hardware and intonation devices. It's an interesting look and an unconventional guy and his take on what makes a guitar playable.

Pics:

Rick Toone's site for more info and more pics of his stuff....this interpretation of what a guitar is is friggin amazing to me.
http://www.ricktoone.com/

Misha is a long time member here, though he doesn't post much anymore. His name on here is bulb.

Same cat made a weird "all wood" piece for Tosin if my memory serves me correct as well. Looked like a piece of Koa driftwood with wenge and bubinga splashed all over it, with that weird "3D" top corner control piece.

Hey, if it's going to evolve, it's gotta be different :dunno:

Ventura":38tr0zvn said:
Hey, if it's going to evolve, it's gotta be different :dunno:
:thumbsup:

EXPcustom":38tr0zvn said:
Rebecca Dirks I love you... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Why wont you love me back... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wait what was this thread about again? :confused:

Haha...nice!

Back