Any Fates Warning fans here?

mudf00t

I am digging this new stuff :)

From Theories of Flight

From Darkness In a Different Light

From Theories of Flight

The Traveller":z3fo8k8b said:
I like the first 3 albums with John Arch singing. Never really cared much for them after he left.

I never liked them until Perfect Symmetry lol

I'm in the John Arch camp as well, and never really followed them much afterwards, but a friend turned me on to this new album and I gotta say it sounds killer. Since I hadn't been following them, but had heard about the original line-up reunion shows, I thought for a minute they might have done an album with John, but even though that wasn't the case, yeah, really good stuff!

I thought that Arch/Matheos album from a few years back was pretty good too.

The Traveller":24bbsj55 said:
Wayniac3":24bbsj55 said:
The original lineup was amazing in Atlanta in Sept

Oh man I know. I wish I could have been there to see it. I hope they got video of it.

They did - 5 HD cameras, & they captured the entire set in the studio as well...

I've always been a fan since seeing them live in the early 90's opening for Sanctuary. I bought the new album on vinyl and I love it. Some great material on this one. The writing they have done over the years has been very good and quite consistent when you compare them to say....Queensryche for example.

I really like them and Queensrÿche. I can't say that I have listen to Fates Warning a lot but the sound they have I really like.

And kids that's a cassette tape on the picture. That's old school...

Attachments

• thumbnail_bild.jpg
    thumbnail_bild.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 1,241
I really like them and have since the very beginning. I prefer the original lineup more but have everything they have ever done and enjoy it. The new record is great.

Looking forward to the new live album in a few days!

Haven't listened to them since PARALLELS with a few songs here and there... then, on a whim, recently caught "Seven Stars" from THEORIES OF FLIGHT and "Firefly" from DARKNESS IN A NEW LIGHT and started digging...

LOVE Mark Zonder's drum work, and totally dig the last two albums as well... and the new drummer too, for that matter...

Holy crap, what a great re-discovery for a super talented band... and I love the fact that they tend to change their 'style' every few albums... much like Rush used to do...

Was a big fan of NO EXIT and PERFECT SYMMETRY back in the day...

Huge fan. I got into them on No Exit so Alder was "my first"... that said, not much from them I don't like. Haven't heard the new album yet though.

^^^^^^

I have to admit, my first intro to FW was the song "Guardian." Absolutely killer... but I think I like Ray more than John... but I guess I could suffer through what is sure to be some excellently thoughtful music with Matheos/Arch!!!! :)

That's what I love about this band... they seem to be thoughtful about how they approach their work... it's always interesting and somewhat innovative... especially that PERFECT SYMMETRY, PARALLELS era... and was it FWX that had a piano solo in the middle of a tune?

About to dig into DARKNESS to see what else is there...

And oh yeah, checked out Zonder's website and on a whim, shot him an email just saying how much I enjoyed his work back in the day and how cool it was to re-discover the later work he did with them and he wrote back to say thanks!!! How cool is that!!! Perhaps, one day when I can cough up the cash, I'll hire him to do a song!!! (He offers that service to anyone...)

Been a fan since Awaken the Guardian. One of my favorite bands, right up there with Maiden and Floyd. LOVED the Arch Matheos album a few years back, wish they'd do another.

Back