Any Chubtone Guitars owners here?

I was considering ordering one. I’d want 22 frets prepro neck shape, but with the truss rod adjusting wheel at the 22 fret. I HATE taking necks off of guitars.

They have the option of having the truss rod adjustment behind the Floyd Nut. I can adjust it by using a normal Allen wrench behind the Nut.

psychodave":29qbp9a4 said:
I was considering ordering one. I’d want 22 frets prepro neck shape, but with the truss rod adjusting wheel at the 22 fret. I HATE taking necks off of guitars.

I mentioned that on here in another Chubtone thread and got jumped on by multiple different people saying there is no reason to have an adjust and it's not a big deal to take the neck off :LOL: :LOL:

technomancer":29jn5pc9 said:
psychodave":29jn5pc9 said:

I mentioned that on here in another Chubtone thread and got jumped on by multiple different people saying there is no reason to have an adjust and it's not a big deal to take the neck off :LOL: :LOL:

Having the truss rod adjust at the heel was a huge deal breaker for me. It's such an incredible pain in the ass to loosen strings, capo the neck, unscrew neck bolts, adjust the truss rod, screw neck bolts back in, remove capo, tune up.. Then do it all over again if you didn't adjust right.

Wish more companies would do this:
t_rod_mod_02_zps629f8cb1.jpg

technomancer":nbnaivv5 said:
psychodave":nbnaivv5 said:

lol. Yeah, taking off the neck to get to the truss rod is easier/better than doing a 30 second adjustment with a wheel. :confused:

My nitro aged Charvel has access to the truss rod. I even ganked up the body a little adjusting without taking off the neck. In fact, the guitar is 2.5 years old and the neck has never been off once. I’ve made numerous tweaks to it and boom, back to playing.

Curt will do the wheel or an Allen at the headstock end under the Floyd nut, no need to remove the neck with either option.

Back