Any Chubtone Guitars owners here?

JerEvil

BESIDES YOU Henning! LOL!

I got what seems to be a pretty darn reasonable quote from Curt. I know Steve is a huge fan of his custom shop Charvels and feels the Chubtone's definitely stack up. Was wondering if any of you all have checked them out yet? If so, are you digging the guitars?

I've got one, have had it for months. I"ll post of some pics later, it's one of the prototypes. Really great guitar and Curt is just so easy to deal with.

I have one and it's awesome ! I can't put it down, it's that good. The purple single humbucker one in the center of the group pic on his website...Killer neck on it, great feel all the way around, great tone, and the price was way beyond reasonable (in a good way).

Holy-diver":1l68fc9f said:
I played Steve's and it felt extremely high quality.
Right on. Compared to your Kiesel's...?

:D

bwgintegra":1l68fc9f said:
I've got one, have had it for months. I"ll post of some pics later, it's one of the prototypes. Really great guitar and Curt is just so easy to deal with.
Yeah he seems pretty easy to deal with for sure.

paulyc":1l68fc9f said:
I have one and it's awesome ! I can't put it down, it's that good. The purple single humbucker one in the center of the group pic on his website...Killer neck on it, great feel all the way around, great tone, and the price was way beyond reasonable (in a good way).
Kick ass.

B4441C8C-1974-48C5-9E01-41F26509BFAE.jpg

AF892C20-7061-4ADF-92E8-619CD47B45F9.jpg

F8483FB3-5716-42AE-B93C-27F28E80BA5F.jpg

I would be Scotty.

Yes I have received my Chubtone guitar several days ago and will be writing a full review with pictures in the next day or two. Background I have known both Steve and Curt for probably 13-14 years from the old HCAF days, met Curt at NAMM 2007 where he tried to set me up for being a fanboy with Steve Vai and for some odd reason Steve and I were at the same Paul Gilbert show at the Viper and never met. Dude looks like the guy from River Monsters so I have no clue how we did not connect. His loss as I am super cool to hang with and had cash for rounds.

Anyways I have learned throughout the years that Curt and Steve were two of the most knowledgeable guys on the forums regarding Charvel and I have bought 3 USA Charvels from Curt as well as a Bubblebee that he modded the crap out of before shipping to me. I told Curt years ago my last guitar would be a Charvel CS and I would order through him. Well the prices are nuts so that thought was fading. When I heard about Curt's new venture and saw Steve's rave review I knew I was in. I told Curt the specs I wanted and explained that I wanted as much late 70s early 80s Charvel as possible neck and body wise.

I have played many Suhr, Anderson, Charvel CS, and own two Lee Garver guitars, one a strathead, and Curt's guitar is on par with all of them. The neck is pure sex and the thin Nitro is perfect without orange peal. He does not use filler to hide the fret tangs and the fretwork is beautiful. Guitar was shipped from California to Connecticut and was almost balls on 440 with the action almost slammed and no fret out doing octave bends. I sent a picture of my electronics placement, the "gainfreak" and he nailed it. Stopped the work once as he was not happy with the neck fit and explained my options. The neck fit is perfect.

As stated will write a review with pictures, some of you guys sure do take nice pictures with lighting and shit so please give me some time for the glamour shots, but the guitar cost me less than my GMWs and I ordered them 10 years ago. He is 6-800 less than one of the big builders on this site with Curt playing he shit out of it before signing off on it. He sent it back to the fret man he is so concerned about something with his name on it. Curt is TOO honest to be in business really in my opinion.

If you want a Charvel from the early days and the guy selling it to be a monster player, Charvel historian, and just a nice guy you would be foolish not to give Curt a try. He has "the guys" helping him out with these.

Scotty

Scotty":1sg36wqu said:
I would be Scotty.

Yes I have received my Chubtone guitar several days ago and will be writing a full review with pictures in the next day or two. Background I have known both Steve and Curt for probably 13-14 years from the old HCAF days, met Curt at NAMM 2007 where he tried to set me up for being a fanboy with Steve Vai and for some odd reason Steve and I were at the same Paul Gilbert show at the Viper and never met. Dude looks like the guy from River Monsters so I have no clue how we did not connect. His loss as I am super cool to hang with and had cash for rounds.

Anyways I have learned throughout the years that Curt and Steve were two of the most knowledgeable guys on the forums regarding Charvel and I have bought 3 USA Charvels from Curt as well as a Bubblebee that he modded the crap out of before shipping to me. I told Curt years ago my last guitar would be a Charvel CS and I would order through him. Well the prices are nuts so that thought was fading. When I heard about Curt's new venture and saw Steve's rave review I knew I was in. I told Curt the specs I wanted and explained that I wanted as much late 70s early 80s Charvel as possible neck and body wise.

I have played many Suhr, Anderson, Charvel CS, and own two Lee Garver guitars, one a strathead, and Curt's guitar is on par with all of them. The neck is pure sex and the thin Nitro is perfect without orange peal. He does not use filler to hide the fret tangs and the fretwork is beautiful. Guitar was shipped from California to Connecticut and was almost balls on 440 with the action almost slammed and no fret out doing octave bends. I sent a picture of my electronics placement, the "gainfreak" and he nailed it. Stopped the work once as he was not happy with the neck fit and explained my options. The neck fit is perfect.

As stated will write a review with pictures, some of you guys sure do take nice pictures with lighting and shit so please give me some time for the glamour shots, but the guitar cost me less than my GMWs and I ordered them 10 years ago. He is 6-800 less than one of the big builders on this site with Curt playing he shit out of it before signing off on it. He sent it back to the fret man he is so concerned about something with his name on it. Curt is TOO honest to be in business really in my opinion.

If you want a Charvel from the early days and the guy selling it to be a monster player, Charvel historian, and just a nice guy you would be foolish not to give Curt a try. He has "the guys" helping him out with these.

Scotty
Is this THE Scotty?

Scotty":1l36d5pd said:
I would be Scotty.

Scotty
I'm crazily interested in these guitars and Steves amps.. by all accounts to upstanding dudes that I'd like to support.
Where in CT are you?

PeteLaramee":10fqvadh said:
Scotty":10fqvadh said:
I would be Scotty.

Scotty
Is this THE Scotty?

The artist formerly known as "DJ"?

Scotty":27oruono said:
I would be Scotty.

Scotty

Yeah, I dig what he's doing. How long was the build time?

PeteLaramee":xqrke4gs said:
Scotty":xqrke4gs said:
I would be Scotty.

Scotty
Is this THE Scotty?

Your mother is still good for a $10 trick.............

Wayniac3":2o0yi8nt said:
Scotty":2o0yi8nt said:
I would be Scotty.

Scotty
I'm crazily interested in these guitars and Steves amps.. by all accounts to upstanding dudes that I'd like to support.
Where in CT are you?

Middlefield and no problems meeting so you can decide for yourself regarding Curt's work. Not sure if I can PM yet due to post counts, pm me and I will check. BTW I do not own one of Steve's amps.

Back