Randall Satan 50 is announced!

petejt":2o995q4c said:
I'd say that Randall's marketing team intended for the amp's name to ruffle a few feathers. It generates discussion, which eventually translates to a rise in sales.

The last thing they want is a bland name that no one will talk about, particularly on a guitar Internet forum like this. Shallow tactic yes, but...

Counter-point: Randall's sales don't seem to rise.

Also, Mesa and Diezel amps have some of the most "bland" names for some of the most acclaimed amps.

Everyone who's bitch about bland amp names I'd like to hear some ideas for amp names. Product names aren't the easiest to come up with.

jsp":ux5ezg77 said:
petejt":ux5ezg77 said:
I'd say that Randall's marketing team intended for the amp's name to ruffle a few feathers. It generates discussion, which eventually translates to a rise in sales.

The last thing they want is a bland name that no one will talk about, particularly on a guitar Internet forum like this. Shallow tactic yes, but...

Counter-point: Randall's sales don't seem to rise.

Also, Mesa and Diezel amps have some of the most "bland" names for some of the most acclaimed amps.
This is an area where Engl often shines.
Raw/Metal sounding names, without sounding too offensive.
Savage, Invader, Powerball, Fireball, Screamer, Thunder...

I don't think naming the amp "Satan" is remotely as tacky as the trucker girls on the Peavey XXX (which is also a worse name, IMO) faceplate were.

Having owned a Thrasher 120 for 4+ years and trying the 2 amps (Satan/Thrasher) next to each other I would probably opt for a Thrasher 50 at a discounted price which I do hunt for from time to time (kind of want another 5153 50 watt lol can't decide). The amps are very similar except for the parametric sweep option. I love my Thrasher but truthfully these amps unfortunately have poor resale value. So if you get one it might be best to consider that you are keeping it or lose your ass in a resale. I did try to sell my Thrasher once but the lack of interest swayed me away from that idea and for me it is a good thing as I still love my Thrasher. I'm not giving the amp away. It's staying like it or not lol.....which I do like it....

indespise":9a8p247c said:
I don't think naming the amp "Satan" is remotely as tacky as the trucker girls on the Peavey XXX (which is also a worse name, IMO) faceplate were.

That's why I modded mine!
00u0u_kaGvffqrrI2_600x450.jpg

Jeez, it’s too early. My first thought was, why did you put a Peavey faceplate on a Randall Satan?

engage757":167rtmix said:
They still said "To Hell With The Devil". :D ^

Yeah. While they were anti-satan themed, I still think Stryper sang about the devil or satan in a lot of their songs. lol

Satan doesn’t seem to be as big of a deal in the media as he used to be. I remember Geraldo and others dedicating entire shows to Satan. Maybe age has caught up with him and he has limited his activities to influencing amp companies.

Gitfiddler":3vdjlwri said:
Satan doesn’t seem to be as big of a deal in the media as he used to be. I remember Geraldo and others dedicating entire shows to Satan. Maybe age has caught up with him and he has limited his activities to influencing amp companies.

They have moved on to looking for Nazis everywhere, it's quite a similar phenomenon to the Satanic Panic.

indespise":34x7l14h said:
Gitfiddler":34x7l14h said:

They have moved on to looking for Nazis everywhere, it's quite a similar phenomenon to the Satanic Panic.

Except Nazis are real in 2019, and Satan is not.

Also, someone really created a username just to post a comment like that on a year old thread? I wish I had that kind of time to burn.

Bad.Seed":3n8lfcna said:
indespise":3n8lfcna said:
Gitfiddler":3n8lfcna said:

Also, someone really created a username just to post a comment like that on a year old thread? I wish I had that kind of time to burn.

They are real in 2019? I guess the press is hiding all of the concentration camps, executions of Jews, Catholics, political opposers and anyone else that is a threat. Where are the 2019 Nazi medical experiments occurring?

Seriously, comparing anyone to the Nazi’s of the 1930’s and 1940’s is a disgusting slap in the face to all of the soldiers that fought for freedom and the millions of innocent people that died at the hands of them.

Bad.Seed":246h47y1 said:
indespise":246h47y1 said:
Gitfiddler":246h47y1 said:

Satan doesn't have to be real for satanists to be real. The point was that it's an overhyped bogeyman hunt. And I joined this forum 12 years before you did, for the record.

Um there doesnt have to be concentration camps for Nazi's to exist.... They might not be the 3rd Reich level of organization but they are out there. If you've ever spent time on court ordered vacation you would see they are a lot of them. I've actually met more nazi's than Satanist and the Nazi's were far more dangerous.

Back