Issues with used Two Notes Torpedo Reload

Omega1397

Hey guys,

I just received a two notes torpedo reload that I purchased off reverb, and i'm having major issues. First of all, the seller sent me it without a fuse in it, and sent me an extra pack of fuses with it (This will make sense later).

Now, I hooked it up to work as an attenuator: 16 ohm out of my Herbert into the Speaker in of the Reload, set to 16 ohms. I then plugged in my 412 cab from the 16 ohm mono output into the top 8/16 ohm speaker out of the reload.

Before I turn my amp on, I tried to turn on the reload, and I heard this loud thud from my cab speakers that filled the room. The reload didn't power on, and I checked the fuse, and it was blown. I tried this a second time, and the fuse blew again.

I messaged the seller and he's telling me that it's strange that this is happened, and he's asking me what the "voltage of the power cable is", which I don't think really matters?

Anyway, I know I can just file a claim with Reverb and/or paypal, but I was wondering if anyone had any idea why this is the case? Any input would be appreciated.

Sounds like he sold you a busted unit. That’s why he included the extra fuses... not out of the goodness of his heart. Bastidge. I bought mine new... no extra fuses in the box. Contact reverb and/or file PayPal claim. Sorry to hear that. When working, the Two Notes gear is rock solid and sounds great.

I actually had this issue with mine when I moved into a new place and the power was funky. I just kept blowing through fuses. I ended up picking up a voltage regulator and haven't had a problem since.

It may be worth hooking it up to a power conditioner and see if you keep having the same problem.

Nitrobattery":13gltnzu said:
I actually had this issue with mine when I moved into a new place and the power was funky. I just kept blowing through fuses. I ended up picking up a voltage regulator and haven't had a problem since.

It may be worth hooking it up to a power conditioner and see if you keep having the same problem.

I'm actually plugging it into my Furman power conditioner. This is very strange, so i'm talking to Reverb now about it.

Omega1397":cvvfnuca said:
Hey guys,

I just received a two notes torpedo reload that I purchased off reverb, and i'm having major issues. First of all, the seller sent me it without a fuse in it, and sent me an extra pack of fuses with it (This will make sense later).

Now, I hooked it up to work as an attenuator: 16 ohm out of my Herbert into the Speaker in of the Reload, set to 16 ohms. I then plugged in my 412 cab from the 16 ohm mono output into the top 8/16 ohm speaker out of the reload.

Before I turn my amp on, I tried to turn on the reload, and I heard this loud thud from my cab speakers that filled the room. The reload didn't power on, and I checked the fuse, and it was blown. I tried this a second time, and the fuse blew again.

I messaged the seller and he's telling me that it's strange that this is happened, and he's asking me what the "voltage of the power cable is", which I don't think really matters?

Anyway, I know I can just file a claim with Reverb and/or paypal, but I was wondering if anyone had any idea why this is the case? Any input would be appreciated.

I just bought a 2 notes torpedo and im having the very same behavior as yours. Did you solved it?

enkil2003":32mxdd9r said:
Omega1397":32mxdd9r said:
Hey guys,

Can you tell who was the seller? I just bought a 2 notes torpedo and im having the very same behavior as yours. My seller was Alto Music.

I got mine off “Johnathan’s shop” from Huntington Beach CA

Back