Recommend a 2x12 cab for home/bedroom use

Yeah, if you need something smaller, a 212 probably isnt the answer. My 112 gets played more than my other cabs because its small and convenient, and still sounds good.

Spaceboy":2fa1iint said:
nevusofota":2fa1iint said:
Definitely go VERTICAL 2x12. It has a smaller footprint which is better for smaller indoor spaces. Also better than a horizontal because it’s easier to hear when it’s sitting on the floor (which is where it should be). Bogner and Mesa make a nice one but you can also find an old Carvin or ADA nowadays for dirt cheap and replace the speakers.
you can turn any cab on its side and then the head has to go somewhere

also some suggestions here like orange and bogner os cabs are as large as many 4x12s and aren't really "small" by any means. if i was just going at it in the bedroom i probably wouldn't get a 2x12. i play through my computer at home honestly, and sometimes a 1x12 katana modeler. i leave the cabs and real amps for my band practice space.
2x12 vertical SLANT makes a sonic difference compared to just turning a straight cab vertical. If your amp head is too big to fit on top just place it on a table or shelf.

Back