NGD: Mayones lefty (updated w/ metal vid)

LunatiBSW

Regius 6 lefty custom ordered.
It came in today, and plays like butter!
Some specs:
- body MAHOGANY KHAYA / top Buckeye Burl
- neck thru EXOTIC 11ply Wenge-Mahogany-Padouk-Maple
- luminlay markers / Stainless Steel frets / ebony fb
- bare knuckle camo covered pickups

This is probably the nicest and best playing guitar that I’ve had the pleasure of trying.
It was a custom order from guitar guitar UK. Being left handed makes it even harder to get, especially with these options.

h5wm9VBl.jpg

QZKqjmGl.jpg

aLCEeXcl.jpg

djonzEPl.jpg

JKUPpkol.jpg

Quick vid:

DeathbyButterslax":131vgigf said:
:rock: looks killer. What kind of pickups?

Thanks buddy! Bare knuckle nailbomb (ceramic) and vhII neck, the covers turned out cool with the top

Wizard of Ozz":131vgigf said:
Spalted burl... nice. I love splated maple tops. Really cool and different.

:rock:

Thanks bro, so I was trying to do research and I’m not sure if buckeye is a maple?
Buckeye was a significant upcharge from Mayones, but it looks similar to the spalted maple, but better to me.
They called it Buckeye Burl. It spoke to me though hahah :rock:

Backwards but beautiful! ;-) Congrats!

Looks like you live in Texas? Out of curiosity, why did you end up ordering through GuitarGuitar? I live in California, but travel to London frequently on business, and I bought a Mayo Duvell from them (Camden location) last year. Love that place. They have a ton of great guitars that you rarely see in US stores. I wouldn't buy a US-made guitar from them (too much added cost), but you can definitely save some money buying European brands like Mayones through them.

Damn, that is one fine looking guitar. Love that wood, front and back. Is that an oil finish or satin lacquer? It looks like a high performance machine going 200mph even when sitting still. Must be a joy to play! Congrats!!

Looks awesome congrats! I love my Duvell and wouldn't mind getting another one or Regius.

Do you know if the prices on the Guitar Guitar website have VAT built in? What did they charge to ship it? Did you have any customs issues (added tax, wood problems, etc?)

mhenson42":102jdu23 said:
Looks awesome congrats! I love my Duvell and wouldn't mind getting another one or Regius.

Do you know if the prices on the Guitar Guitar website have VAT built in? What did they charge to ship it? Did you have any customs issues (added tax, wood problems, etc?)
Their listed prices do include VAT, which gets removed if they ship to the US. They charge ~100 pounds to ship to the US. I took mine back on the plane with me when I returned from the UK (no tax or wood problems), but I, too, would like to hear from the OP if he experienced any shipping issues.

Looking at the current exchange rate, the deals aren’t quite as good as they were last year; the pound has gotten a bit stronger relative to the dollar.

mooncobra":aqmn7wrx said:
Mayones makes great guitars! congrats!

They are easily some of the best looking and playing guitars out now

Vede":aqmn7wrx said:
Backwards but beautiful! ;-) Congrats!

Looks like you live in Texas? Out of curiosity, why did you end up ordering through GuitarGuitar? I live in California, but travel to London frequently on business, and I bought a Mayo Duvell from them (Camden location) last year. Love that place. They have a ton of great guitars that you rarely see in US stores. I wouldn't buy a US-made guitar from them (too much added cost), but you can definitely save some money buying European brands like Mayones through them.

The guitar was a custom build that guitar guitar uk commissioned. They order/build tons of mayo customs and it’s sometimes cheaper to find one outfitted the way you want, than hitting every upcharge.
I was lucky enough to find this amazing axe “like new” from the original owner who purchased it through guitar guitar last year. Saved me a bit of cash, since I’ve never tried a mayo.
I wanted to not be out much, if it didn’t blow me away. But it totally blew away every expectation.

ChurchHill":aqmn7wrx said:
Damn, that is one fine looking guitar. Love that wood, front and back. Is that an oil finish or satin lacquer? It looks like a high performance machine going 200mph even when sitting still. Must be a joy to play! Congrats!!

Thanks! I fell in love with the woods also, I wasn’t even in the market for a new guitar. I knew I had to have it. They call it a Transparent natural satin. It feels amazing. Easily the fastest and best playing guitar I’ve ever played.

Terex":aqmn7wrx said:
Super nice dude, congrats! Love the top wood.

Thanks buddy, these guitar are in another class for sure.

mhenson42":aqmn7wrx said:

Thanks dude! Sorry I can’t help on most of those questions, I scored it from the original owner, who went through all that last year. Studio guitar and mint. I can ask him though if your curious?

Vede":aqmn7wrx said:
mhenson42":aqmn7wrx said:

Their listed prices do include VAT, which gets removed if they ship to the US. They charge ~100 pounds to ship to the US. I took mine back on the plane with me when I returned from the UK (no tax or wood problems), but I, too, would like to hear from the OP if he experienced any shipping issues.

Looking at the current exchange rate, the deals aren’t quite as good as they were last year; the pound has gotten a bit stronger relative to the dollar.

Your lucky you could do that. This was a pricey mayo build, and being that there’s hardly ever badass left handed ones floating around, I felt it was my chance to finally try one.
I wanted to make sure they lived up to all the hype, do they ever. This guitar has made me a mayo lover and I’m selling off quite a few other guitars.

Man that is a slick looking guitar! Love everything about it other than it being backwards... :)

errrrrl":30deuqcw said:
Woa dude... woa... that looks cool as hell! :rock: grats!

Much appreciated. This thing sounds massive..... I’m adding a video :rock:

moltenmetalburn":30deuqcw said:
Jealous lefty here, amazing!

Thanks! Awesome to know another lefty on here!!
The struggle is real for us lefties.

maddnotez":30deuqcw said:
Congrats, I would absolutely love to get my hands on one of these.

Thanks dude, the stars aligned for me. I’ve always wanted to try one since I’ve first seen a Mayo.

JerEvil":30deuqcw said:
Man that is a slick looking guitar! Love everything about it other than it being backwards... :)

Thanks Jer, haha, I’ve seen you have a couple custom builds going as well. Looking like a NGD for you soon too.

Really nice guitar, congrats! Mayones does make some really fine instruments!!! Btw I also order gear at GuitarGuitar quite frequently and I've made only good experiences with their customer service and quality. The only thing that I dislike about them is their "trade-it sell-it" option which sounds nice on paper but in realty isn't at all. The money they offer you for your used gear is simply ridiculous. They once offered me 1000$ for an almost new Suhr Modern Custom. I mean, I know they also want/need to make some profit, but that's a real shitty offer for a regular customer. Anyway. Apart from that -> definitely recommended!

Back