A build thread. Pittman T-style "Workingman"

It's a T-style being built for a client. One piece ash body. Maple neck/Cocobolo fretboard, Mary Kay blonde with a single layer black pickguard

Body. Routed, drilled, sanded, ready to grain fill

S6Gvtw7l.jpg

I use brass ferrule block instead of individual steel ferrules. It sounds better.

rBRP8RCl.jpg

A very pretty cocobolo fretboard

R0db3rbl.jpg

Mocking it up.

I2vfK34l.jpg

ZX5cIyBl.jpg

Back shape and headstock done

z9N3wMjl.jpg

dCnLBgJl.jpg

Look! There's a pissed off little guy hiding in the wood

ByOJFOpl.jpg

With a little bore oil on it the color jumps

jrwr3B0l.jpg

Body grain filled

iu2VmwMl.jpg

FOyjbYsl.jpg

Neck Tinted

kXsQOdUl.jpg

Logo on

r1ya4X1l.jpg

With the Mary Kay finish on.

6LO0LOul.jpg

Iw83EtOl.jpg

gTWlhIdl.jpg

LS5xE1Bl.jpg

dfrattaroli":ykf8j7b5 said:
Awesome. I've been planning a tele build the last few days. Yours looks great.

Thanks.

Woods are personally selected, and they are all hand done from start to finish. No CNC. Nitrocellulose lacquer start to finish.

grooveHT":35jmx80q said:
What's the little black cube in the electronics package?

Beautiful finish on that Tele!
Talent box! Pull the tone knob and instant Bonamassa!

grooveHT":3foyssnu said:

It's a Q-Filter and there is also a greasbucket on the tone knob. The push/pull switch on the tone knob activates the Q-Filter so you can go from passive tone to Q-Filter control just by pulling the tone knob.

Thanks for the kind words on the finish. The client wanted aged Mary Kay, so, there it is

MISTER NOBODY™":1klooauo said:
grooveHT":1klooauo said:

It's a Q-Filter and there is also a greasbucket on the tone knob. The push/pull switch on the tone knob activates the Q-Filter so you can go from passive tone to Q-Filter control just by pulling the tone knob.

Thanks for the kind words on the finish. The client wanted aged Mary Kay, so, there it is

I'm a sucker for Mary Kaye white...

Did the client spec Bill Lawrence pickups to go with it? Also, cool concept on the push/pull for Q filter!

grooveHT":pfoorm79 said:
MISTER NOBODY™":pfoorm79 said:
grooveHT":pfoorm79 said:

I'm a sucker for Mary Kaye white...

Did the client spec Bill Lawrence pickups to go with it? Also, cool concept on the push/pull for Q filter!

No Lawrence pickups. I use Arcane Pickups pretty much exclusively on all the instruments I build. I do offer Lollar or PNW, but, Arcane winds pickups for my instruments to my spec, and they sound fantastic. Their stuff is the highest quality, painstakingly hand made, and everything on their line is stellar.

I love that Mary Kaye white,it looks great with or w/o the clear coat on it..very nice build there..
I bought a Gotoh VS100 tremelo off Ebay early last year,and the seller told me he was Arcane pickups and could do any kind/style I wanted,but I never asked him about prices,I was thinking it would be really expensive,so I forgot about it..I have a few ideas and need to give him a call soon.

Back