Well, I've Done it Now (ESP Content)

glpg80

I've requested an ESP quote from the other side of the pond. I loved the quality of my ESP M-II Special, but the all alder body was just a honky mess through my 5150. It wasn't a balanced guitar tonally, but damn did it play great and look great:

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Wish I didn't have to sell that guitar for school :aww:

That guitar was a 1.5 year wait period from ESP to get in the USA as a custom special order. The neck profile isn't their normal shape and is modeled after my Charvel.

Well, this time I've decided to quote another guitar after the ESP USA series that looks like this:

M_II_FR.png

Except, it too is a custom special order because I'm looking to get it in a satin one-piece rosewood neck :rock: :rock:

I'll see what ESP says on a price. ETA on this would be 6-8 months, but I was promised the same thing for my original custom special.

++1 Both look like killers... love that greenburst! I'd be curious to find out how much extra the one-piece RW neck will cost.

The ESP custom shop is one place that almost always is instant sticker shock for me. Pretty standard specs can fly up to $5000-$6000 MSRP seemingly at random. Killer guitars, though!

Oooh nice..I did not know they would make other neck profiles.

ESP making a neck to match the Charvel I have would be amazing.

ChurchHill":n0gmfnzq said:
++1 Both look like killers... love that greenburst! I'd be curious to find out how much extra the one-piece RW neck will cost.

I requested a one piece Brazilian rosewood neck with reverse headstock (essentially a left handed rosewood neck). I asked the guy to see whether they'd have to go full custom shop to make it, or whether they can handle it as a custom special order for the USA model similar to what I did for my M-II (neck profile change and color change).

IMHO I'm expecting the dude to tell me custom shop only, and the cost will double what you see in the image. If that's the case then I'm certainly not interested being as though there's no ROI if I ever have to sell it.

garey77":n0gmfnzq said:
:shocked: :shocked: :inlove:
That green one is the tits!

It does look great and I love that it has a 5 way with EMG's :rock:

I used the M-II to cover more prog style stuff and still need a guitar atm to cover those grounds. I have the 80's and blues/Van Halen stuff covered, need an axe to downtune.

That green one is awesome. I really dislike those kinds of 12th fret markers, but that guitar looks amazing.

It’s going to be very expensive for them to even find Brazilian rosewood that they could ship to you :(

No-one uses brazilian anymore, as far as I know, so I don´t think that issue is in play here.

^ OP says he specifically asked for a Brazilian rosewood neck. Some companies, I think PRS Private Stock, still will do it but not for export. And of course those guitars are more than $10,000. I was trying to find a nice way of telling the OP that his dream guitar is extremely unlikely to happen for him.

Oh, sorry, I missed that he said that. Well, yeah, I think it´s more or less impossible to import brazilian in any shape or form these days. It is CITES 1, so you need government approval and even that is for non-commercial use only. Any stock a guitar company might be sitting on is the last they'll ever see, so it will be extremely expensive. This also means ESP can´t ship a finished guitar with brazilian from Japan to the States, either.

I know it cannot happen due to import laws, which is why I'm having ESP USA make it under a special custom order. I'm well aware of the laws around brazilian rosewood, however, it's doable within our borders assuming the USA shop has a blank big enough.

And if ESP can't do it, then, by all means, I'll deal with it and go the normal maple neck/ebony setup. Not the end of the world :)

Why not just ask for Indian Rosewood instead if the Brazilian RW is too expensive or not available? Love the white M-II! I still have my dark blue one (coincidentally also with an X2N—set far back from the strings). That green ESP USA is NICE. Recently got an ESP USA Horizon myself.

OldSkoolNJ":2sg3rv1b said:
nice choice matt

Didn't even know you squatted in these waters anymore doug. How've you been?

And yes I miss my downtuned ESP M-II. The next guitar I get for downtuning is getting EMGs.

I've also considered getting a caparison MJR and loading it with EMGs, but the thing I like about the above ESP is that it's active with a 5 way toggle and not a 3 way bullet style toggle which I found to be a total pain in the ass to use on that M-II.

Hopefully ESP comes back with a go ahead. I've considered getting an LTD 7 string as well :doh: :LOL: :LOL:

Robotechnology":1pwmg6w9 said:
Why not just ask for Indian Rosewood instead if the Brazilian RW is too expensive or not available? Love the white M-II! I still have my dark blue one (coincidentally also with an X2N—set far back from the strings). That green ESP USA is NICE. Recently got an ESP USA Horizon myself.

I could, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I am sure the price would be close to the same - they still have to find a high-quality blank, cut it, etc.

I had thought about going to the E-II line, but if you try to customize those, they take you immediately to the custom shop. The USA line has some wiggle room which I am trying to find the boundary of :LOL: :LOL:

I would still have my M-II had it not been for living costs/bills while in college. The guitar played great, but it sounded meh. At least that's my excuse for letting it go so I'm sticking to it :LOL: :LOL:

Back