Stolen $15,000 PRS from Peach Guitars

mooncobra

Saw this today. Some people are really shitty. I really hope they get their guitar back. They have it on video at the end of the YouTube vid. The theft is so bold, right out in the open in the middle of the guitar shop. 11,000 British pounds, that's about 15 grand. I hate seeing stuff like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4applk_4Xs4

exo-metal":3nsomvzp said:
Lowlife pos hope it was worth it...life has a different way to pay back people like this :gethim:

Unfortunately most low lifes I've known tend to get away with it and prosper.But they will get it in the end .

The other tragedy here is that PRS is allowed to charge that for a guitar . :LOL: :LOL:

OK its a joke don't have me tared and feathered.

Fuck... that was a nice guitar. Definitely didn't seem like their first time at this, that was a pretty smooth snatch and go. I wonder if they even play?

Gypsies, looks like it wasn't their first time either.

I think these are targeted thefts going to the middle east. Probably won't recover the guitar but lucky for them they had a good camera system, should be able to track down the thieves.

Watching that video, that was terrible. They look an older couple that's guitar shopping. They obviously knew what they were going for. That music store has a good surveillance system. That woman's jacket was designed to hold the stolen items without having to hold it in place. Pretty clever. Just the fact that they were recorded on camera stealing the guitar and walking out with it will help in catching the thieves. It's obvious that they're professional thieves who've done this numerous times before to other businesses.

Guitar George

It called a boosting jacket and it's a 200yr old method. The fact that the knew exactly what they were doing also means they cased the store before hand.
Most CCTV systems have a 30 day retention, so providing they noticed the guitar was missing in a reasonable amount of time they should be able review the video and also see them casing the joint.
Being so organized also means they very well knew they would be on camera. The fact they didn't care means they are not concerned with being fingered by anyone. They likely live outside of normal society and will disappear back into the underground.
Being in the UK, a fair assumption is that they are affiliated with, or are Roma Gypsies.

I saw Peach Guitar’s Facebook post on this. Reading the comments-there were numerous other shops chiming in saying that they had guitars stolen by these same two people. Anderton’s was one of the shops. Apparently at one point they were even arrested but got off on some technicality (it didn’t go into detail on what the technicality was). Anyway, that’s to say they are “professionals.” Disgusting. Truly.

Glad they are spreading this bullshit all over the web.
Make it high profile. Ousts these fuckers.
Good luck in selling it. Unless it’s to another scumbag. :thumbsdown:

I can't stand seeing this... most people work very hard for the things they have (for me, my guitar is like the air I breathe). To just watch these thieves do this, it's just pissing on all the rest of us. Drives the prices up, drives the smaller shops to close their doors, taking away from all the people who worked to make that guitar and the people who work at that store. I know it's pretty doubtful that they get the guitar back at all, but I hope they do, find these thieves, and lock them up until they've earned enough restitution to pay the store plus interest by earning five cents for each prison toilet they clean... in other words, throw away the key! This whole thing just makes me sick.

Back