Randall Diavlo RD5, & RD20 - Any owners?

napalmdeath

I'm looking at these two amps for low volume stuff. I'm sure the 5 would be ideal, but how does the 20 do??

I had a RD5 for a while a few years ago and it was pretty damn cool. I did get a chance to play the RD20 for a few minutes a while ago and I really liked it. Even more than the 5. Real nice clean too. If you don’t need/want a clean channel, the 5 or even the RD1 would be cool. The single tone knob combined with the three way toggle is surprisingly versatile.

bubbastain":vq75iobg said:
I had a RD5 for a while a few years ago and it was pretty damn cool. I did get a chance to play the RD20 for a few minutes a while ago and I really liked it. Even more than the 5. Real nice clean too. If you don’t need/want a clean channel, the 5 or even the RD1 would be cool. The single tone knob combined with the three way toggle is surprisingly versatile.

I'm not familiar with 6V6's - are they beefier than EL84's? Does the 5 sound solid state, or does it have some tube feel?? I may just order the 5, and an EQ for the loop to beef up the low end!

Back