Is This A Good Low Volume Tone With The BE-100?

Sounds great! Very Marty Friedmanesce... great job.

Please post what you come up with for your DIME tone when you get your L500XL, I predict you're going to get some stellar results after tweaking the BE100 with your EQ's and that 500XL. I've heard some great Pantera tones out of Peavey 5150's and the 500XL.

harddriver":1lzzxzkw said:
Sounds great! Very Marty Friedmanesce... great job.

Please post what you come up with for your DIME tone when you get your L500XL, I predict you're going to get some stellar results after tweaking the BE100 with your EQ's and that 500XL. I've heard some great Pantera tones out of Peavey 5150's and the 500XL.

Thanks. I gave that up man. Either I just don't have the ear for it or there's no way around doing it without a modeling amp or Dimebag's gear. I'm just going to play the songs with a generic scooped metal sound and not worry about tone chasing at all.

I hear ya, while I love the tone with DIME I don't love it with my playing and Pantera isn't on our jam list anymore but it's cool to hear it replicated today. I actually listened to a best of Pantera CD yesterday and I was like man that is some chainsaw heavy shit, great metal tone for sure.

I really like Nuno's 2009 Take us Alive tone which is what I want the L500XL pickup for since all my other guitars have duncan's in them so it will be a nice change.

harddriver":28cdsz5u said:
I hear ya, while I love the tone with DIME I don't love it with my playing and Pantera isn't on our jam list anymore but it's cool to hear it replicated today. I actually listened to a best of Pantera CD yesterday and I was like man that is some chainsaw heavy shit, great metal tone for sure.

I really like Nuno's 2009 Take us Alive tone which is what I want the L500XL pickup for since all my other guitars have duncan's in them so it will be a nice change.

Nuno huh? I'm going to have to check that out on Youtube. Thanks.

Sounds killer

Always been scared to play this amp and the JJ, cuz I think I would gas hardcore after I played one in person.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

Junk Yard Dog":16mw4wnn said:
What settings and speakers? Sounded great.

Thanks. It's basically the BE100 at really low volume. I mean people fart louder than I have it set LOL. That's how good the Friedman MV is. It was on a cleaner gain setting of the BE with a TS808 at 0 gain for kind of a clean boost. Then I had a strymon Capistan delay and Blue Sky for reverb. I think the reason why it sounded ganier is because I used a no name pickup that looks like a Schecter with wide pole pieces and a ceramic magnet. It's actually a neck pickup in the bridge, so it's not a hot pickup by todays standards but the BE seems to give it up like a slut when you push it with hotter pickups.

Back