Axe Efx 3??

BYTOR":3d31pfpu said:
Beandust":3d31pfpu said:
please let's leave Neal Schon and Vai and anyone else out of this conversation.. endorsements can say whatever whenever and do whatever with the rig as they choose

Fractal endorses no one.....artists pay for their units.
Lmao.. u saw his sales receipt? Who cares it's not the discussion. It's the sound produced at :046/47 if you bothered to listen? Sorry the guy didnt use Schons guitar tech to create his patch, maybe Neil will call him and they can work it out seeing there is no marketing involved. Don't care , as mentioned if you enjoy fractal I am happy for you. Save your defense for the fractal basher. Done w/this

The Def Leppard/Journey tour this summer will be 100% Axe-FX III.......so stay away if you hear 'Chirps' in your head. Neal Schon & the Leppard guys, Metallica, Megadeth, Devin Townsend, Trevor Rabin, Deftones etc..etc.. apparently don't have your professional ears :LOL: :LOL:

Hand picking random vids that may have what you don't like & ignoring all the others where it's clearly not a problem is hilarious...........we could play that game with YouTube tube amp clips all day :yes:

BYTOR":v5utauvr said:
The Def Leppard/Journey tour this summer will be 100% Axe-FX III.......so stay away if you hear 'Chirps' in your head. Neal Schon & the Leppard guys, Metallica, Megadeth, Devin Townsend, Trevor Rabin, Deftones etc..etc.. apparently don't have your professional ears :LOL: :LOL:

Hand picking random vids that may have what you don't like & ignoring all the others where it's clearly not a problem is hilarious...........we could play that game with YouTube tube amp clips all day :yes:
11s Don't care , as mentioned if you enjoy fractal I am happy for you. Save your defense for the fractal basher. Done w/this

Beandust":1xec7f1k said:
BYTOR":1xec7f1k said:

Don't care , as mentioned if you enjoy fractal I am happy for you. Save your defense for the fractal basher. Done w/this

BYTOR":21crzhp0 said:
The Def Leppard/Journey tour this summer will be 100% Axe-FX III.......so stay away if you hear 'Chirps' in your head

From the man himself who owns Fractal:
cliffc8488":21crzhp0 said:
I guess this is a bit ironic because the chirp was one of the things I spent a long time trying to figure out why real amps did it and how to reproduce it. You can really hear it on the first VH albums.

Long story short: it's related to the amp's compression. You can reduce [chirp] by reducing the Power Supply Sag and/or the Speaker Compression. Or turn down the Master Volume. Real amps do it when they are LOUD because everything is compressing more.

Neal Schon & the Leppard guys, Metallica, Megadeth, Devin Townsend, Trevor Rabin, Deftones etc..etc.. apparently don't have your professional ears :LOL: :LOL:

Apparently, blaring loud stage amps your entire life isn't good for your hearing :confused:

I was asked, by JT who started the thread, why I didn't want one for recording. I simply pointed out what sounds like to me is an overexaggerated minuscule effect and graciously provided a youtube sound clip as an example. And you'd be very wrong to think I don't bash tube amps, either. I have in the past brought out problems I found with Diezel Herberts in a live setting.

I wish everyone the best. No harm no foul, play what sounds great to you. It's a gear forum where we talk gear :thumbsup:

Back