I've Been Under a Rock - HRI Shut Down in 2016?

glpg80

I stopped playing 4 years ago, and just picked it back up this year. I just realized huge racks inc. is no longer alive. What the hell?! Where did all of the rack experts migrate to?

Interesting.

I was looking at all of the posts and noticed they all stopped in 2016 like a ghost town. It was scary odd because I've never seen an active forum that looked like that. Serious ghost town feel :LOL: :LOL:

Guess it's time - I'll see if I can make an account over there.

Yeah, I still miss HRI. I learned SOOO much there. A couple of the guys from there post here, too. I was never a member, but I seriously lurked for years.

Yeah, HRI has only been up for archive purposes since then and is disappearing altogether in a few months. Anyway, a few of us are over at TGP but there really isn´t a replacement forum anywhere.

I was there, and when it closed it felt like "the ball is mine and you can't play" kids thing. People proposed to manage the forum, pay for it without banners... but no.
The forum was really cool. I think all started with the Vertex scandal.

That really sucks that it's going to disappear altogether in a few months. I still looking things up there on a regular basis. So much good info there.

Luca79":2sw1o578 said:
I was there, and when it closed it felt like "the ball is mine and you can't play" kids thing. People proposed to manage the forum, pay for it without banners... but no.

I got the same kind of vibe from the admin as well. It was along the lines "I spend too much time on this place and need a break, which means everyone needs to leave."

Luca79":i9327by9 said:

That dude Marsa is/was a little bitch. He had a nice fight with Pete Thorn and John Suhr and they both left. Too bad since that forum was pretty good.

It was a good forum maybe five years ago. The last few years it sucked as much as Rug Talk™ does now. None of the forums are what they were ten years ago. When it went down a few of the regulars tried to hang out on Rug Talk™ and several people gave them shit over nothing and they disappeared. The Rack section on TGP never really took off. I still have a rack...but I don't see a lot of interest by most players. Forums in general are dead. It's like a dead language...that no one speaks anymore.

Was a great forum, a real shame that Marsa wouldn't let someone else take up the duties to keep it running, the community was bigger than one guy....was a member there since 2003....seems like ages ago! So much great information and a cool community. Learned a lot from that place over the years. Some familiar faces here from back then :thumbsup:

Dude posted this, pretty awesome:

aftec":3soy89bh said:
And the “schmo”
I miss them good vibes

LOL! :thumbsup: I remember you. I went by the handle John01W on the HRI forum, still rockin' my rack....love it to death:

24685623277_e4685ba296_b.jpg

39553462841_6bbd3cdc49_b.jpg

Back