Fryette power load........what a great idea

LunatiBSW

http://www.fryette.com/fryette-power-load

Anyone seen this? I’m giving this some serious though as a headphone amp and direct recording unit.

Here’s some highlights:

Record Direct using your favorite tube amp

The Fryette Power Load™ combines the variable reactive load of the Award-winning Fryette Power Station® coupled to a tunable analog Cab + Mic Emulation system that allows you to silently record your favorite cranked tube amplifier. The Power Load allows you to fine tune the reactive behavior your amplifier response, and the response character of the Cab + Mic Emulation for unprecedented control of your recorded performance.

Professional-Quality Headphone Amplifier

You can run your favorite tube amp into the Power Load, cranked, for silent headphone practice. The stereo effects loop in the headphone amplifier allows you to insert delays and reverb into the headphone mix. You can also connect a stereo music source such as a CD or MP3 player or group practice mixer using the Program Input for an unprecedented level of performance.

Perform Live

For live performance you can place the Power Load in between your amp and cabinet, sending the XLR with Cab + Mic emulation direct to the Front of House PA and Monitor board. No cabs? No Problem! You can crank your favorite amp silently, delivering dynamic consistent tone direct to the console.

Proven Design

The Power Load offers incredible dynamics, feel and studio-quality performance in a convenient, affordable and lightweight package that sits neatly on top of any head or combo amplifier. The signal path is 100% analog, therefore has no digital-conversion latency. With thousands of Power Stations in the field, you can be confident in the transparency, dynamic feel and reliability of the Variable Reactive Load. The analog Cab+Mic Emulation system, which was evolved from the highly-acclaimed Fryette Valvulator® GP/DI, provides wonderfully realistic and responsive mic’d cabinet tones direct to your interface, mixer or headphones.

I purchased it thinking it was a killer all in one practice solution. The built in cab sim was extremely disappointing.

I have the PS2 and the reactive load is great. I did look at this when it came out, but I like using cab and mic IR's. Now if you were able to load IR's in there, like an integrated two notes C.A.B. for example, I'd be all over that.

I remember wanting one of these but also heard the build in cab sim was meh for headphone use.

@LunatiBSW have you looked at the Universal Audio OX? I'm kind of interested in it but have yet to hear heavy demos from it. I joined a FB group for it and its all accountant type guys with strats playing clean/blues... the other con for me was its lack of Windows support but still considering.

Thanks guys. Sounding like a bit of a bummer, anyone have good experience with one? It sounds great on paper.
Errrrl: the ua OX is on my radar also. But like you said I’d wanna see some metal demos before pulling the trigger since it’s not cheap for what it is.

Back