Hi-Gain Clip: 46&2 SLO

Rdodson

Just warning you - I am not a hi-gain player and I made this up as I went along. No pedals, nothing in the loop. Bogner 1x12 with a Scumback H75 LDC. Just my old Charvel into the amp. Sounds killer.

Bronco":175oyt2k said:
46&2 certainly nailed the SLO circuit...sounds great! What were your settings Ron?

Overdrive channel
Gain at 6 or 7 (insane amount of gain for me)
Bass at 5
Middle at 7
Treble at 6
Presence at 7
Depth at 3
Master at 3

the second video is what gets me...the dynamic range is just incredible

Sounds good/playing! Like that guitar too.. that a custom shop fender in the 1st vid? Thanks for posting

Sounds great.
Btw just curious. How close is it to the original slo?
Because i've never heard slo in person, i cannot guess.

I keep getting questions about the purple strat-head. So here goes:

The neck is a 1984 back-door Charvel/Jackson. I got it from a guy in LA ~ 15 years ago. He was/is (I don't know anymore) in the entertainment industry (late-night TV, he produced one of the in-house bands on one of the late night talk shows).

The Floyd Rose is '85 purchased NOS back stock from a repair guy. The body is basswood/western-maple top from Musikraft, from the actual '80s Dinky template they have. The bridge pickup is an old SD '59, and the neck is a SD Antiquities Custom Strat.

A friend of mine who is one of Paul Reed Smith's right-hand men put it together for me at the PRS factory, after the paint was done at Orion (unreal job, love the purple burst in all-nitro).

Oh, the neck was a custom-order in brazilian rosewood. The entire guitar is amazing. I'll put up some pics sometime.

Beandust":25b3a706 said:
Sounds good/playing! Like that guitar too.. that a custom shop fender in the 1st vid? Thanks for posting

The sunburst Stratocaster where I am sitting down is a Fender CS '54 relic, one of the series they did in '14.

So what is this 46&2 circuit? Is this a builder?

I was expecting to hear some Tool through an SLO... Tone was great though.

idnotbe":rrogwya7 said:
Sounds great.
Btw just curious. How close is it to the original slo?
Because i've never heard slo in person, i cannot guess.

I had this amp next to a real SLO and they were close enough for rock and roll I guess :)

GOHOINC":3dgvmh24 said:
So what is this 46&2 circuit? Is this a builder?

I was expecting to hear some Tool through an SLO... Tone was great though.

It's an amp I built a few years ago.

Well congrats to Ron for scoring such a great amp...I have a 'real' SLO (90302), and while I haven't played the one in this video, to my ears it sounds exactly like the real thing.

It'll sound better over time too as all the components slowly drift in value. Especially the filter caps. They are really stout, modern capacitors. And the amp is such a hi-fi design. Once the system gets a little sag in it, it will get sweeter and sweeter. Check back in 20 years lol. That second vid is great. Love the dynamic range.

Yeah, you could do just about any style with this amp - it has an under appreciated sweetness.

The power amp is SO stout though! Not a "bloomy" amp, unless you are really good at the riding the feedback.

Back