Let's talk Ibanez HD1500 multi FX and the PC40 pedal board

EXPcustom

So I may become hated because I am letting out one of the best kept secrets when it comes to vintage effects but there was a single space rack mount unit made by Ibanez that had all the desirable pedals from the 80's all in one. Delays, flanger, harmonies etc. Why spends hundreds or close to a thousand for each individual Maxon/Ibanez pedal from the 80's when you can literally get all of them in ONE unit for less than 200 dollars. The EXACT same hardware and chips from the flanger and delay pedals are in this one rack unit.

Another well kept secret was the pedal board that came with this unit, the PC40 pedal board. Lots of people trying to capitalize on the TS9 price skyrocketing canabalized these boards to remove the square aluminum buttons to repair their original pedals with NOS parts to get the best price when selling their individual Ibanez/Maxon pedal. This is why if you see a HD1500 with the PC40 board snag it.

I lucked out and got an original HD1500 with PC40 for just around 200 dollars shipped. Yes there is a rack unit available now for 175 without the pedalboard if you use Google.

Either way these for one reason or another have stayed low price wise in the second hand market. I don't see them staying this cheap for long and it was also recently discovered Cliff Burton used one of these units with his bass recording Master of Puppets and in his live rig as well.

Anyways passing the info and savings to you guys, grab one of these while you can and look for clips of mine very soon.

ksrbdb7nv8fffx5yeobl.jpg

Back