Modded Friedman Butterslax clips

LunatiBSW

I’m working on getting a pro (at least home pro) recording setup. So don’t murder me about quality.
But this thing sounds too awesome to not share. It’s with my iPhone X, and sounds pretty good actually.
Some may have seen, but some have not:
I got my slax modded by Dave for more aggression, and a cleaner clean. I wanted it all switchable.
It delivered in spades. It gave me this tighter klank and hate that I wanted for certain tunings.
Really a flamethrower now that can get a lot of Classic sounds as well.

Here’s one with passives drop tuned: BKP ceramic nailbomb in a Mayones

Here’s a clip in standard drop d with actives: EMG het set in an ESP

Both clips utilize all three channels, you can tell in the vids when I switch. I have them set to my liking, but there’s tons of range with each channel.

Dude: that's insane. ...Wondering if I could turn the HBE on my BE50 into that?? Would you say it's a tight, raw, super gained up sound, and/or what would you compare it to??

Did you change the tone in any way, like less mids or more compression, saturation, or less of it? I've not heard a Slax in person, so I don't know how to compare it.

Thanks!

crankyrayhanky":3zxn60i4 said:
damn you and your GAS inducing clippage :thumbsup:

Yeeeaaaahhh buddy

Wizard of Ozz":3zxn60i4 said:
That sounds pretty evil. Nice.

:thumbsup:

Thanks bro, I wanted evil, and evil it shall be :rock:

Fitrocker33":3zxn60i4 said:
That is one pissed off pile of circuit boards, knobs and tubes...

It’s lethal for sure

JerEvil":3zxn60i4 said:
Man that is sick!

Thanks buddy, it’s my perfect slax now

skoora":3zxn60i4 said:
The Butterslax Stealth? Lol

I know right, love the ability to tweak

Detroit1973":3zxn60i4 said:
This is my Favorite Butterslax clip thus far & if I owned one i'd want the same mods.

That’s awesome of you to say that. I think it’s a total beast now, not that it wasn’t before, but now......

Junk Yard Dog":3zxn60i4 said:
Dude: that's insane. ...Wondering if I could turn the HBE on my BE50 into that?? Would you say it's a tight, raw, super gained up sound, and/or what would you compare it to??

Did you change the tone in any way, like less mids or more compression, saturation, or less of it? I've not heard a Slax in person, so I don't know how to compare it.

Thanks!

Hell yeah, my jaw dropped when I got it back. It’ll rip your face off In the room. It’s super aggressive, brings the hate, and has a deep punch that’s insane. You have to consider also, some of the tone is coming from the big mammoth Friedman cab :rock: both gain channels sound really cool with the options I got. Ive had a year with it before I figured out the perfect mods for my needs.
Yes, the mods I got all affect the tone. The biggest was the freq shift I got. It moves the presence freq to a different shelf in the mids. I also got the NFB, which you have on the be50. Not sure what can be done with the BE50 to be honest. I know it already has ALOT of options (switches) going on.
I know the 100w power section on the slax is gonna give it more punch and girth though. I know the circuits are all in the same ballpark. But not sure if certain things would affect other things in your amp.
I tried a BE50, my buddy had, it wasn’t nearly as metal as the slax, but it could get pretty knarly.
Dave may be able to do something for you :thumbsup:
Thanks for checking it out!
There’s honestly not a lot to compare it to. I’ve tried a lot of amps, and I’ve settled on this and my Herbert. I’ll prob add to the collection down the road. But these two amps fill my voids. This amp can get a lot of tones and now that channel 1 has a clean mod to it, it can do all the vintage stuff on that channel alone. It’s def a modded Marshall but it’s got a lot of unique modern and vintage things going on.

Junk Yard Dog":2n6fnjm1 said:
How quiet is the amp for all that gain that it has?
It has an amazing noise to gain ratio. I don’t run the gain too high, and it does really well.
I have a Fortin Zuul when I play super loud. Just to have dramatic palm mutes and technical riffing. It’s dead silent with that setup. Which is what I usually prefer.

errrrrl":ho5hhsny said:
Fuck yeah dude! I wish I could hear it in person. Sounds killer man! :rock:

Thanks much bro! It’ll scramble your juevos. Hahah literally

Starman22":ho5hhsny said:
Gawd Damn that slax sounds great

Thanks dude, it sure does!!!

Back