Specific Pickup Suggestion

scottosan

I spend alot of time doing clean tones with both bridge and neck humbuckers split. My house power is shit and any imbalance in coils is exaggerated as a result. I have Tom Anderson H2+/H1- in my favorite guitar and they are significantly quieter than the JB

Not sure for your situation ?
Have you ever tried dimarzio transitions ?
I have them in a tele thinline.
They are very dynamic and cover the range well imo .
I also have a coil splitter.
I would say of all the pickups I've tried in the past for all around pickups they cover the most ground .
Best of luck !

scottosan":bp9nhqnf said:
I spend alot of time doing clean tones with both bridge and neck humbuckers split. My house power is shit and any imbalance in coils is exaggerated as a result. I have Tom Anderson H2+/H1- in my favorite guitar and they are significantly quieter than the JB

I´m not sure what you´re asking about here, really, could you elaborate a bit?

Dave L":2pocknrg said:
scottosan":2pocknrg said:

I´m not sure what you´re asking about here, really, could you elaborate a bit?
basically looking for other pickup sets that aren’t significantly imbalanced when split. I like as minimal noise as possible

Have you tried series/parallel instead of splitting ? Won't have the chime on cleans but will be as quiet as series when in parallel.

paulyc":34u4wa3p said:
Have you tried series/parallel instead of splitting ? Won't have the chime on cleans but will be as quiet as series when in parallel.
This! Andersons sound really great in parallel..and no noise

paulyc":mlndo76j said:
I’ve owned a lot of pickups that are quieter than the JB/59 when both split, just not in a maple neck Charvel.

Back