Reverb issue

V2a

So I saw an amp on Reverb at a great price. Brand new from a 'gear shop' in Canada (I too am in Canada; so no additional import/duty fees). Several days after purchase, I find out that the amp is "technically used". I was already looking forward to getting the amp, so after complaining a bit I told the seller to ship the amp to me ASAP.

The amp arrived in a single-wall cardboard box so small that the ends bulged out. The amp was 'protected' with one layer of bubble wrap and a few scraps of paper. Fortunately (and miraculously) the amp arrived in one piece.

Now, I have a problem with leaving positive feedback or even no feedback. The amp was misrepresented, and as a result I won't get the limited lifetime warranty to the original owner.

Thoughts? Should I send amp back in same crappy box? Should I just leave negative feedback? Just suck it up?

Contact reverb ask for a full refund and seller pays all shipping as the item was falsely listed. If you didnt keep it for any reason that's entirely different. It was a bs listing and your money is tied up.waiting for a refund. That's enough to swallow. Had the amp been as advertised you wouldn't be asking for a full refund and would gladly pay return shipping. Total bs!!

if you like the amp and want to keep it then leave negative feedback . I f you don't like it send it back and leave negative feedback . If you don't leave negative feedback then the next guy gets screwed.
also I assume that if you thought it was new it must have been priced like a new one and that ain't right.

New price for used gear = bad.

IMO, you're owed some Refund $$ (used price vs new price differential), assuming amp isn't broken from said-shit packing, and you dig it.

If no refund, but you love amp...maybe keep it but leave ugly feedback. Not sure what the diff in new amp price you paid and used amp price in this condition is...$50, $100, $1000... :dunno:

If guys isn't willing to work with you...Negatory feedback all the way...

ETA: BTW, I am a human...

Thanks fellas.

I can't complain about the price - I thought that I had to act quickly to get a new amp at that price. It was a couple hundred bucks less than the usual price, but higher than some other used amps out there. And I was seriously eyeing one of the used amps listed at the same time. Decided to go for the brand new one. Doh!

Anyway, I think I will just leave negative feedback and walk away with a nice little amp (a Friedman mini DS). The downside of this plan is that the seller will more than likely leave negative feedback for me (and this was my very first Reverb purchase). If he does that, I might contact Reverb with a dispute...

How is the amp technically used? Was it a demo amp? The warranty still applies to those.

If you like the amp and got a good price I would press for additional money off that you feel is fair enough to keep the amp. Tell the seller if you ship the amp back in the packing he supplied it probably won't survive.

If he is smart he will agree and give you some more off the price.

harddriver":woo9z6ar said:
How is the amp technically used? Was it a demo amp? The warranty still applies to those.

If you like the amp and got a good price I would press for additional money off that you feel is fair enough to keep the amp. Tell the seller if you ship the amp back in the packing he supplied it probably won't survive.

If he is smart he will agree and give you some more off the price.

The seller admitted that the amp was "technically used". Those were his words. In reality, the amp was used but in excellent condition (aside from some liquid stains on the tolex that I removed). It came with the manual, but it was not in the original Friedman packaging.

So did the seller tell you it was "technically used" after you paid, but before it shipped? Sometimes I think they do this to get you on the hook, because you are likely to continue when your money is already tied up.

If you like the amp, and happy with the price. keep it, but I would leave feedback noting what happened.

CrazyNutz":qoptal3k said:
So did the seller tell you it was "technically used" after you paid, but before it shipped? Sometimes I think they do this to get you on the hook, because you are likely to continue when your money is already tied up.

If you like the amp, and happy with the price. keep it, but I would leave feedback noting what happened.

That's exactly what happened. Here's what was said:

"... If you are still interested I can pack the amp during the weekend and ship it first thing Monday. I'm the original owner, the amp is brand new."

After I inquired whether it was new or in fact used, seller replied:

"We might have a confusion, just to clarify, the amp is technically used, I bought it from guitar works a few months ago, it's in perfect condition thought, never giged only played a few hours. I paid 2200 for it so can't sale it for less, please let me know if you're ok with this?"

It’s a used amp, his ad was misleading on purpose, not just vague. Refund. Ship it back with the same crap packaging, capital F him.

Last time I tried to leave negative feedback on Reverb, it actually wouldn’t let you do it without contacting the seller first and trying to work it out.

V2a":smf7ftfr said:
CrazyNutz":smf7ftfr said:

That's exactly what happened. Here's what was said:

"... If you are still interested I can pack the amp during the weekend and ship it first thing Monday. I'm the original owner, the amp is brand new."

After I inquired whether it was new or in fact used, seller replied:

"We might have a confusion, just to clarify, the amp is technically used, I bought it from guitar works a few months ago, it's in perfect condition thought, never giged only played a few hours. I paid 2200 for it so can't sale it for less, please let me know if you're ok with this?"

When he said "I'm the original owner" right there was a flag that it was used. He should of said "The amp is IN brand new CONDITION"
That would have cleared it up much better I think.

phil b":1dhqfxxt said:
When he said "I'm the original owner" right there was a flag that it was used. He should of said "The amp is IN brand new CONDITION"

I've never listed an amp on Reverb, but I started the process to sell an amp to see what sort of info is requested and provided. There is a link to definitions of Reverb conditions that includes the following:

Brand New:
These would be products that are in the box as received from the manufacturer which come with the original warranty. Only authorized dealers are permitted to sell an item as Brand New. If you're reselling a piece of gear that you bought brand new from a retailer—even if it has never been used—it automatically falls under the Mint condition. Reverb has a large number of luthiers, pedal-smiths, and other independent builders, and their wares will also fall into the Brand New column.

The seller of this particular amp had to select 'Brand New' from a drop down box, has a few items for sale, and really ought to know what he is doing. But whatever, I'm leaning towards keeping the amp and just forgetting about this nonsense....

paulyc":3u8s6509 said:
It’s a used amp, his ad was misleading on purpose, not just vague. Refund. Ship it back with the same crap packaging, capital F him.

Had the same happen to me on Reverb recently...blatantly used amp marked as Brand New. Send it back. I did.

V2a":nprob088 said:
phil b":nprob088 said:

I've never listed an amp on Reverb, but I started the process to sell an amp to see what sort of info is requested and provided. There is a link to definitions of Reverb conditions that includes the following:

Brand New:
These would be products that are in the box as received from the manufacturer which come with the original warranty. Only authorized dealers are permitted to sell an item as Brand New. If you're reselling a piece of gear that you bought brand new from a retailer—even if it has never been used—it automatically falls under the Mint condition. Reverb has a large number of luthiers, pedal-smiths, and other independent builders, and their wares will also fall into the Brand New column.

The seller of this particular amp had to select 'Brand New' from a drop down box, has a few items for sale, and really ought to know what he is doing. But whatever, I'm leaning towards keeping the amp and just forgetting about this nonsense....

Yea, as long as your happy with the deal then its all good. I have never sold an amp on Reverb but its good to know their definitions on what they consider "Brand New". Well... HNAD!! :thumbsup:

Red flag one: Brand New from a private owner is strictly forbidden.

But, dealers do it too. Axe Palace sold me a "brand new" Fireball 100 that was clearly used, (even arrived in a Mesa box, and no Engl factory paperwork, or spare tubes they ship with), and took no responsibility. Reverb allows it, after a week of dealing with the lying scumbag the guy at Axe Palace is, I returned it. Reverb did nothing, and the fucks re-listed it as brand new again when they got it back. Oh, and I got fucked out of return shipping too.

Back