New AIC single

I will buy it but I was waiting / hoping for some kick ass sweet riff to kick in right after the intro. But it didn't happen.

fek":3di7j8tj said:
I will buy it but I was waiting / hoping for some kick ass sweet riff to kick in right after the intro. But it didn't happen.

Agree. Love AIC, but that was lame. After all this time, is that the best they could come up with? Hope the rest are better...

A little disjointed and unmelodic, but man the vocals still sound great to me. Not too surprising because I didn't really like their last album but im still disappointed they couldn't pull off something better this time around. Will wait for more from the album though.

I love Jerry but he needs to come up with some killer riffs again! The focus on the song writing is great but come on, add the riff back to the mix.

Edit: Listened to it again. Changed my mind. I dig it! I am sure that the album will have some of the riffs I am craving.

I too expected it to hit harder after the opening riff, especially after hearing where the clip left off that they posted on Twitter yesterday. I'm not crazy about the main riff but I think the song as a whole is decent. I listened to it a few times yesterday and woke up with it in my head this morning so I guess it did the job.

The disjointed thing stuck out for me too - it isn't too bad but I can't get into something that doesn't flow well (like Death Magnetic as a whole).

You can hear elements of the self titled album, Dinosaurs and Jerry's solo stuff in this song, which is cool. I intentionally don't get my hopes up for any new album anymore and I don't dislike this song, but I hope they didn't pick the best one on it for the first single.

I dig it. Sounds like AIC to me. Bear in mind, I haven't actively listened to them since the seal titled album... so there's that!

It's alright. The singles are usually not my favorites of theirs although this is even a bit less inspiring than the first cuts off their last couple albums. I will buy it because I'm a big fan of Jerry and the boys but I'm hearing the same thing that bothered me on Black and Dinosaurs; they need to let William just be the front man!!! I get why Jerry mixed his vocal in so heavily when they made their comeback. He has a recognizable voice and was a major part of the vocal sound with the original lineup so bringing William in slightly back in the mix made sense.

Now that they're three albums in Jerry needs to hand over the reins and just be the awesome songwriter, riff maker and harmony guy that he is! He's a great front man in his own right but William is really holding back and I feel like they could have more of a raw and unique sound again if he could truly front the band. Either way, it's always good news to have new AIC!

I agree that they should let DuVall cut loose. The band in general should try to be more aggressive, and giving DuVall the chance to wail could be the spark.

After reading the comments (and bring pretty disappointed with their last album), I was expecting worse. That wasn’t too bad. They’ll never be the band I fell in love with from 91 to 96 but I’ll also never be 19 again. This version will have to do.

Phil M":mwpcligd said:
After reading the comments (and bring pretty disappointed with their last album), I was expecting worse. That wasn’t too bad. They’ll never be the band I fell in love with from 91 to 96 but I’ll also never be 19 again. This version will have to do.

Agreed, this version of AIC is actually pretty great at times. I think the general consensus here is that this song doesn't hold up even compared to their previous post-Layne stuff, at least that's my opinion. I think they really came back strong with the '09 release. A Looking In View is one of Jerry's darkest, nastiest riffs ever. And the last one had some great moments too like Phantom Limb.

This new track is very mediocre to me. I hope they bring it on the rest of the album.

glassjaw7":3senova6 said:
Phil M":3senova6 said:

Agreed, this version of AIC is actually pretty great at times. I think the general consensus here is that this song doesn't hold up even compared to their previous post-Layne stuff, at least that's my opinion. I think they really came back strong with the '09 release. A Looking In View is one of Jerry's darkest, nastiest riffs ever. And the last one had some great moments too like Phantom Limb.

This new track is very mediocre to me. I hope they bring it on the rest of the album.
Spoken like a true queer.
How’s it going my friend?? :LOL: :LOL:

I like it! That said, I knew it would be mid-tempo and I shouldn't expect that as an AIC fan. I wish they would do some more "We Die Young" speed stuff to shake it up a bit. Sounded good but definitely need to step it up. They are AIC for cryin' out loud.

Mailman1971":32etw8m7 said:
glassjaw7":32etw8m7 said:
Phil M":32etw8m7 said:

Spoken like a true queer.
How’s it going my friend?? :LOL: :LOL:

Ha! What's happening buddy? :cheers: Yep, Jerry is a badass but I hope this song is the calm before the storm. Speaking of storm..how's it going down there??

Ah man. Boring. Was hoping for something good.
Seems they lost their sense of humor, and basically sing the same old harmonies with the same slow, droning beat.
Will be the first AIC that I don’t buy. Devil Dinosaurs turned me off, and this is more of the same.

Back