Traded my Friedman for a Splawn Quickrod!

There's a video on youtube where a guy compares his BE100 to a QR...you cant tell a difference...and if there is it's not 1.5X new or 3X used

I had a BE 100 for about a year...it was nice but was lacking something to my tastes. Sold it...wasn't looking for anything then played a QR in a local store and loved it. It had a little something the BE didn't for me. I see this isn't a unique situation based on your post...

ZachMN":2fqr50am said:
I had a BE 100 for about a year...it was nice but was lacking something to my tastes. Sold it...wasn't looking for anything then played a QR in a local store and loved it. It had a little something the BE didn't for me. I see this isn't a unique situation based on your post...

This thread is getting laughable... the OP was talking about a 20 watt EL84 Pink Taco vs. a Quick Rod lol....not one of the big Friedman amps. :LOL: :LOL:

Purpleibby":wujff0zt said:
ZachMN":wujff0zt said:

This thread is getting laughable... the OP was talking about a 20 watt EL84 Pink Taco vs. a Quick Rod lol....not one of the big Friedman amps. :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah the whole point was a small 20 watter wasn’t doing it for me and I found a Quickrod that did.
It was no way a comparison of Friedman vs Splawn.

FYI, the PT20 sounded fantastic. Premium tones for sure.

Badronald":2bfsf65p said:
Purpleibby":2bfsf65p said:
ZachMN":2bfsf65p said:

Yeah the whole point was a small 20 watter wasn’t doing it for me and I found a Quickrod that did.
It was no way a comparison of Friedman vs Splawn.

FYI, the PT20 sounded fantastic. Premium tones for sure.

:thumbsup: :yes:

BTW, I really like both companies....we're blessed to have such awesome choices in this day and age. I remember not too many years ago getting tones like these straight from the amp seemed pretty unattainable and guarded as something only pros could get. It would be awesome if Scott Splawn and Dave Friedman would be on an episode of tone talk together! Would be quite cool to watch!

Im glad you're digging the QR. Im really digging the Pink Taco its certainly got great tones and serves the purpose I was looking for.

Back