New 7 String...Ibanez RG752ahm

crwnedblasphemy

https://youtu.be/HX7hsX1jFq8

I actually got it about a month ago, but had the frets rounded cuz they were pretty sharp. Got the right gauge strings on for my liking. Anyway, really enjoy the axe and stays in tune really well. I went from a schecter km-7II(not bad at all) but wanted a little shorter scale length and not jumbo frets. Anyway....cheers gents.

Man that was killer! I have been thinking about offing my KM7 for a shorter scale and trem loaded 7.

fender126":7mqy8dl1 said:
Awesome guitar and playing! I'm not familiar with that band....gonna have to check them out. :rawk:

Do so...my fav album of theirs is Fallen Sanctuary, followed by Lionhearted and Death & Legacy.

JerEvil":37c1xz3e said:
Man that was killer! I have been thinking about offing my KM7 for a shorter scale and trem loaded 7.

Well, this model would be right up your alley. I’ve come to the realization that I’m a trem guy for the most part. I have 2 prestige’s and 2 Peavey HP specials, so that’s kinda my Thing I guess.

crwnedblasphemy":2teu0apt said:
JerEvil":2teu0apt said:

Well, this model would be right up your alley. I’ve come to the realization that I’m a trem guy for the most part. I have 2 prestige’s and 2 Peavey HP specials, so that’s kinda my Thing I guess.
Just got my first Ibanez in like 22 years and it's also a Prestige. LOVE it.

Nice playing man. We’re you using the Evh behind you or a modeler, etc....? It sounded killer either way.

This was my first time trying the Mooer in recording. A few months back I bent a tube pin socket in my EVH combo and shorted out so had it in the shop being fixed. Being as it was my only amp, I got some suggestions to get something to fill the time. Heard some clips, and being as I like EVH amps I just went with the 005. Direct into soundcard red/Blue channel, even the cab sim sounds good. The clip above chain was

Ibanez > horizon precision drive > mooer 005 > Mbox Pro > Impulsive IR loader with lynchback IR on left and impulsive 2x12 on the right side.

Fast setup and good results.

crwnedblasphemy":1z7esgi5 said:
This was my first time trying the Mooer in recording. A few months back I bent a tube pin socket in my EVH combo and shorted out so had it in the shop being fixed. Being as it was my only amp, I got some suggestions to get something to fill the time. Heard some clips, and being as I like EVH amps I just went with the 005. Direct into soundcard red/Blue channel, even the cab sim sounds good. The clip above chain was

Ibanez > horizon precision drive > mooer 005 > Mbox Pro > Impulsive IR loader with lynchback IR on left and impulsive 2x12 on the right side.

Fast setup and good results.
Nice! Apparently the Mooer IR loader has gotten some really good reviews as well. IIRC Ola has a video talking about using it direct to front of house as well.

crwnedblasphemy":3u7sq81n said:

I actually got it about a month ago, but had the frets rounded cuz they were pretty sharp. Got the right gauge strings on for my liking. Anyway, really enjoy the axe and stays in tune really well. I went from a schecter km-7II(not bad at all) but wanted a little shorter scale length and not jumbo frets. Anyway....cheers gents.
I have the 6 string version and figured the 7 string neck feels great too,have you played a 6 string version,the 652 AHM,and if so how is it,close to the 7 string ? I like mine enough to figure the 7 string has to be awesome as well..Great playing and you have a great sound going here.

riffermadness":2aduqlge said:
crwnedblasphemy":2aduqlge said:

I have the 6 string version and figured the 7 string neck feels great too,have you played a 6 string version,the 652 AHM,and if so how is it,close to the 7 string ? I like mine enough to figure the 7 string has to be awesome as well..Great playing and you have a great sound going here.

I’m sure the 7 neck is thicker, but it feels right to me. I’d like to have the white 652.

gibson5413":33nb7pog said:
My brother Rian killing it! Great playing and vid!! Glad to see you back!!

Rock on Chad! Definitely trying to get back to playing more, and I am writing 4 songs for a project I’m on, which I am excited to write. Gonna be like Angel Dust/Circle II Circle/Symphony X. Just moving this weekend. Once settled, and setup, it’s writing mode

crwnedblasphemy":vghgmtpf said:

You look just like the dude in straightjacket's profile picture!

Back