NAD!!!!! Bogner Ecstasy 101B!!!!!

ewill52

2SlKl3K.jpg

HELLLS YES!!!!

Not sure if he's on this board, but ShredTiger74 on Reverb....dude can seriously pack an amp. It would have survived a plane crash or the UPS truck getting hit by RPG. Unbelievable job!

Give the 101b some time and be prepared to turn the nobbies in extreme settings up or down you might not on other amps and you'll get some great tones out of it.

Congrats!! Great amp!! There are so many sounds inside. Spliffsperlunk is right, don't be afraid to turn the knobs to extremes and in unconventional ways. You'll find some hidden gems in there that way. Enjoy!!!

:inlove: mine

I play it through a Bogner 4x12 with the Friedman speaker mix (G12Ms on top, V30s on bottom)

If you think you hear or feel the "blanket" effect, turn the treble & presence way up, almost dimed

Congrats!!!

I'm on my 2nd Bogner model, and I'm finding I really like his stuff. They have this "chewy" texture to the gain structure that I'm really diggin.

spliffsperlunk":1gkywwmb said:
Give the 101b some time and be prepared to turn the nobbies in extreme settings up or down you might not on other amps and you'll get some great tones out of it.
^^^
I had to do that with the 20th anny shiva. Presence and treble@ zero or just cracked and mids between 1 o' clock and dimed was where it was at for me on that amp.

Here's mine... I agree with Mike, I love the "chewy" tone. It's an odd word for it, but describes it perfectly and a sound I've been chasing for a long time. Bogner makes some damn fine amps. The Ecstasy is my favorite amp for lead work. Before I got mine, I thought that kind of tone was the result of much more talented fingers than mine. I'm still not that talented, but that tone... :inlove: They are addicting. :yes:

file.php

Attachments

• Bogners.jpg
    Bogners.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 1,144
That is one fine looking amp, never heard one but if it sounds as good as it looks then it will kill :thumbsup:

ChurchHill":ywo478p9 said:
Here's mine... I agree with Mike, I love the "chewy" tone. It's an odd word for it, but describes it perfectly and a sound I've been chasing for a long time. Bogner makes some damn fine amps. The Ecstasy is my favorite amp for lead work. Before I got mine, I thought that kind of tone was the result of much more talented fingers than mine. I'm still not that talented, but that tone... :inlove: They are addicting. :yes:

file.php

DAMN!!! That's a stack of chewy goodness right there :rock:

peckhart":1k4a2x0o said:
This thread is making me want another Bogner. Uber though because it's the only one I haven't tried.

I recently ventured into Uberland, and its metal carnage and oh so much fun. A saturated nasty good time that makes the neighborhood rumble :rock:

CONGRATS!! Welcome to the club! Got my 101B years ago and it ended the search right then and there. I like Greenbacks with it (or even better for tracking music/sitting in mixes, G12H30's - which have more teeth). As others have said, start twisting the gears and flipping the tiny switches with no fear, this amp does it all (extremely well). HNAD!!

peckhart":3gscmhpe said:
And how does it sound?

Monstrous. A little overwhelming at first, had to read up on the switches and such. finally kinda dialed in a few sounds. Clean channel is underrated on these. Blue channel is MAGIC. I described it last night after a rehearsal: Blue channel is the stuff of legends, red channel is the stuff of orgasms.

Seriously amazing. Tons of options, all the gain you could ever want (at least for me). I was able to strip my board back to my Maxon 808, a couple of delays, my H9, wah, tuner, and wireless. It's badass.

ChurchHill":3tzu15cb said:

file.php

I love that pic! I've got a Shiva too and it's an amazing amp on it's own. But this Ecstasy....damn.

crwnedblasphemy":2res9qe8 said:
Will play one of these before I die damnit

I played one for the first time, last year. Its everything that it lives up to be. Desert Island amp for me. :thumbsup:

Love my 101B. However, it's the only amp I've had to read and then re-read the manual to understand what all the little switches do. I was initially a little disappointed with it until I went back and studied the manual and printed out certain sections with some sample settings and took that with me to rehearsal to get it dialed in. After that, I quickly found the sound I was looking for.

damn, so awesome... congrats. would love to get an ecstasy someday, just still not sure what all the differences between models are. which are considered the best?

Back