2018 EVH 5150 iii 50w weight change on Sweetwater!!????

faisalbaig313

So bummed!!!!
I wish i had a screen shot! Sweetwater had advertised the new 6L6 5150 50w as 25lbs or similar and i was really stoked!!! Now i see its 35lbs on Sweetwater.
On Thomann.....its still showing as 11kg which is 25lbs.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/evh_5150_iii_ ... ead_iv.htm

How can i find the truth ??? No weight mentioned in EVH site! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Weight matters to us guys with back issues and expensive international shipping rates!

Cheers!

yeah what did you expect.. It's a Mexican amp... too many tacos...

(correct weight is 35lbs and you should calculate 45lbs as the shipping weight with the box, footswitch and packing material)

Standard weight for an full size amp head approximately 50 lb.
The 5150 III 50w is not a full size amp head.
But it also isn't half the size of one either.
So highly unlikely it would be 25 lb.
I own one and it's a 35 lb amp.

Yes, i also could not figure out how the difference between the 6L6 50w and EL34 50w could be 10lbs. The EVH site really should have these specs. How Sweetwater and Thomann both got it wrong is beyond me. 35lbs sounds right.
Thanks

I had the same concern but hate small transformer amps, on the EVH Gear website under "support" the manual for the 50w 6L6 shows the correct specs and dims. It's 35 lbs not 25.

It's a great amp and with some good quality preamp tubes it breathes fire :rock:

guitarbilly74":2n5hy28v said:
yeah what did you expect.. It's a Mexican amp... too many tacos...

(correct weight is 35lbs and you should calculate 45lbs as the shipping weight with the box, footswitch and packing material)

LOL!!!! Good taco reference. :)

You guys need to stop complaining about 35lbs. My Friedman ASM-12 weighs 52 lbs, so basically the cord is probably 35lbs by itself. :D :D :D

Back