Katana 100 Head clip

Mr. Willy

Thought I’d post a clip of my Katana. I was on the lead or brown channel, boosted with an OCD, speaker is a single Redback.

faisalbaig313":6agfcwds said:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
That sounds epic man!!!
This is running a single 1x12 ??

Thanks man. I thought it sounded decent. It’s the best solid state amp I’ve played, but there’s still something there that kinda bugs me. I’ve got my 2x12 wired up to run two amps into it. It’s an experiment that I’m about to abandon. Yes, that’s through a single Redback.

faisalbaig313":1xebp3h3 said:
That was so entertaining, i'm waiting for the sequel clips!! :)

For my next clip, I’ll be sure to include not just one laundry basket in the floor, I’ll have two. :LOL: :LOL: I mainly filmed it because I wanted to capture those riffs I’ve been messing with. It’s not professional, but I ain’t got time for that stuff.

For straight up bang for the buck tone, Katana is hard to beat. Definitely very tubelike and a perfect backup rig for the gigging musician who has a lot of coin tied up in a spendy rig.

Nice clip!
:rock:

Racerxrated":2uroumcn said:
For straight up bang for the buck tone, Katana is hard to beat. Definitely very tubelike and a perfect backup rig for the gigging musician who has a lot of coin tied up in a spendy rig.

Nice clip!
:rock:

I’m going to use it for the fist time at a gig tomorrow night. We’ll see how it goes. I’ve been using it for practice at home (the built in speaker is awesome for whisper quiet playing), and I’ve been using it at rehearsal for a couple of months because of convenience.

faisalbaig313":3comhnt5 said:
Also perfect who the musician who doesn't have many coins at all!!

For sure. Considering what you get and how it sounds versus price, it’s very good. Does it sound better than the tube amps I’ve owned, absolutely not. When you crank it up and play it in a band mix, there’s no doubt that you’re playing a solid state amp. That squish isn’t quite there. There’s also harshness in the mids/high frequencies that can be overbearing if you aren’t careful. Does it sound good enough, especially at this price point? Yes.

I’d like to see a few things happen. I’ve heard some of the sneaky amp models that sound better to me than the stock models. I don’t care for the JC 120 clean. It’s just bland to me. No personality. I’d like to swap it for a Fender sound. I’d also exchange either the lead or brown channel for the 1959 I+II model. The lead and brown sound very similar, so it’d be nice to have a model that sits better between the crunch and heavier channels. It’d also be cool to have some kind of knob that controls squish or sag. Seems like that would offer more flexibilty over the feel. I’m sure some of these things are probably available in the editing software. I don’t have a lot of free time to dive into that stuff, plus going down those rabbit holes really turns me off these days. I’ve gone down those rabbit holes and found myself spending less and less time learning the instrument or playing music.

Sounds good! I'm pretty impressed with the Boss Katana stuff as well as the Marshall Code 100. They're fairly cheap and sound great at lower levels. I picked up Code 100 2x12...it sounds better with an external cab, cab sim turned off. I like that I can edit, control it with my iPhone and use it as a Bluetooth speaker. I use it only for practicing (save tube life of my other amps) so just use the internal 2x12 which probably are cheap ass china speakers :)

Back