Price check 97 PRS Custom 24, 10 top

GuitarGuyLP

I might be letting my PRS go, but I have no clue what it is worth. It is a 1997 CU24 10 top hardtail with a wide thin neck. This is the only hard tail PRS I have ever seen with a thin neck, they almost always have the wide fat. I also have the original pickups, but I have some fishman fluence KSE pickups installed. The condition is about 9.5/10. What do you think she is worth??

Most CU24 were wide thin necks, CU22 were the wide fat. However, a stoptail on a CU24 is not common. In that condition probably $1700-$1800.

Toss it up in the PRSGOW group on facebook, those guys really circle jerk around old PRS guitars and thats where I would start.

I always gauge value with sold auctions on Ebay, or sometimes Reverb, though asking prices at Reverb are silly high. I never look at what people "ask", because the majority of people are high on crack these days.

Typically, I go for fair market value, with a couple hundred wiggle-room. People just kick tires and low-ball the fuck out of you, its inevitable. Selling gear sucks ass.

I would venture to guess $1500 is about what you'll ultimately net. Maybe $1600. Nobody cares about upgrades, but more about condition, and it's upkeep.

Thanks for the tip on upgrades. I'll probably return it to stock, and either use the Fluence pickups in another guitar, or sell them separately. They are really cool pickups!!!

Back