Diezel Herbert Mk3

glpg80":3kt1tcn6 said:
Gsxrbusa":3kt1tcn6 said:
God damnit.

:doh: This could be what I’ve been missing in my life. I’ve always loved Diezel tone but wanted a slightly tighter bottom end.

Fuck fuck fuck.........my wallet.

I'd reaaaallly want your opinion on the MkIII versus the other amps in your dungeon :D :D :D :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah I'd love to hear this as well if you pick up the H3bert.

Like others, the Mk3 hits at a funny/right time for me as well. This past week I've been digging up info on what Jens Kruse can do with the Herbert mods he offers. Going to hold off just a bit before I look further. If the H3rbert is both tighter in the lows and less compressed, I will be very interested.

I hope the clean channel stayed the same. I'll still argue to anyone willing to listen that it's be best clean channel on a high gain amp ever - almost worth it for that alone.

xzacx":2edjsyre said:
I hope the clean channel stayed the same. I'll still argue to anyone willing to listen that it's be best clean channel on a high gain amp ever - almost worth it for that alone.

What type of clean is?

Gsxrbusa":1xzye6xd said:
God damnit.

:doh: This could be what I’ve been missing in my life. I’ve always loved Diezel tone but wanted a slightly tighter bottom end.

Load a Herbert with KT88's and you're there.

xzacx":33z3pegh said:
That's a fact! The only thing lacking, if comparing to "Fender" cleans, is spring reverb. It's beyond awesome, and the clean headroom far surpasses even Fender's best!

chunktone":2jdjppza said:
xzacx":2jdjppza said:
That's a fact! The only thing lacking, if comparing to "Fender" cleans, is spring reverb. It's beyond awesome, and the clean headroom far surpasses even Fender's best!

Really... I've never had the pleasure. Even better than Cobra and JSX cleans, eh? I've always heard that the Herbert is a brute, but my interest is thoroughly piqued.

Jon BCN":3oq2f0g0 said:
xzacx":3oq2f0g0 said:

What type of clean is?

To my ears, I always kinda thought of it as a tube-based version of JC-120 cleans (without the reverb and chorus, obviously). It can do crystal clear with practically limitless headroom, but a little warmer and less sterile.

glpg80":2tphztel said:
Gsxrbusa":2tphztel said:
God damnit.

I'd reaaaallly want your opinion on the MkIII versus the other amps in your dungeon :D :D :D :LOL: :LOL:

EvilBatman":2tphztel said:
glpg80":2tphztel said:
Gsxrbusa":2tphztel said:
God damnit.

Yeah I'd love to hear this as well if you pick up the H3bert.

Will do my friends! I have a semi local bro that is considering getting one. So if grabs one before I do then I'll do some comparisons. :rock: :rock:

glpg80":2pexjeyl said:
hate to knock you off of your high horse young padawan, but you're wrong. Peter bakes updates into his models without others actually knowing about the improvements as the serial numbers increase.
Haha, you (glpg80) so eloquently in such precise neophyte comportment validate MY point so clearly. 1st, Peter never "bakes" anything as his expulsion. Sir Peter's prime mover and his forte and is never less than the purest quality you will find in the "Almas", from the Iranian Beluga fish - "Black gold". This wonderous rich talent that Sir Peter exemplifies in his beautiful work of art(s) is ubiquitous, so ingrained and inherent in all of his mighty grill guard master pieces and needless to say his mastery of the infinite ways to obtain sonic superiority for the masses to experience.

My friend, after a beautiful musical relationship with Mr. P. Diezel lasting several decades, what I don't know and always wonder with joy about this wonderful man's brilliant mechanical and artistic abilities in the fine art of guitar amplifier architecting isn't worth knowing.

"The best subjects are always people, who never fail to amaze me by their unpredictability. R.J.D."

Enjoy the rest of your relaxing weekend.

- Las Pulga

Attachments

• 2010-12-29-dio RT.jpg
    2010-12-29-dio RT.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 2,643
glpg80":2x1arp7t said:
No need for confusion my friend, simply observe the grasshopper, and never forget the illusive masterful technique of "Jascha Heifetz".

Note to self: hey, "glpg80", you need a space at the end of the string at the ":" for your cute little gewgaw HTML symbol to work, otherwise it can't be parsed -> :confused: capisce?

Attachments

• The Master - Jascha Heifetz.jpg
    The Master - Jascha Heifetz.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 2,527
A bit off-topic, but I absolutely love the game of chess - it's been one of my addictions for many years. If anybody is interested (or a serious chess player), here is a 21-move brutal, absolutely brilliant assault and quite arguably the greatest 21-move chess resignation of all modern day world class master chess game history.

Mr. Bobby Fischer

barryswanson":qo6id3x0 said:
What does the plus minus switch do?

It's two different modes of channel 2. Minus mode takes you to heavy rock zone and beyond. Plus mode incarnates satan and brings hell on earth.

EvilBatman":3h21oown said:
Like others, the Mk3 hits at a funny/right time for me as well. This past week I've been digging up info on what Jens Kruse can do with the Herbert mods he offers. Going to hold off just a bit before I look further. If the H3rbert is both tighter in the lows and less compressed, I will be very interested.

Same. This this looks badass.

I have only played one Herbert and for a short period of time. It was unbelievably crushing, I could feel it kicking me in the ribs but the one thing I left saying was that it was just too compressed for me.

This one looks killer though.

Back