I'm SICK of F'ing Ebay/Reverb sellers!

napalmdeath

So, I take the plunge on a Dyna Comp. I know, we're not talking big money here, BUT, this was "Brand New, in Box, with a couple legit photos at a used price. 4,000 transactions, excellent feedback, and this shows up.. Chipped up everywhere, and velcro on it? What fucking planet are people on?

00P0P_7l1DVyO4fB8_600x450.jpg

01212_dOkw6C1LuOP_600x450.jpg

01414_5PK0Z73gmDQ_600x450.jpg

You sure that wasn’t “in brand new box”? Lol. Total shit man. Just be honest, your shit will still sell and you’ll have less hassles. People=shit these days. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Oh HELL no!

That is unacceptable. I'd get my money back on principle. If those are not the pics from the listing, Reverb will side with you.

JerEvil":21ke2s4n said:
Oh HELL no!

That is unacceptable. I'd get my money back on principle. If those are not the pics from the listing, Reverb will side with you.

I took the pics above. Here's pics from the listing..
s-l400.jpg

I just did my first deal on Reverb and the item arrived DOA. Seller refunded me but of course I still pissed away a bunch of my time and gas for nothing.

17 years buying on ebay and only two items have arrived DOA, can't really complain about that.

Bloodrock":3f261nwk said:
You sure that wasn’t “in brand new box”? Lol. Total shit man. Just be honest, your shit will still sell and you’ll have less hassles. People=shit these days. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Lmao

crwnedblasphemy":1qgw2ppr said:
Bloodrock":1qgw2ppr said:

Lmao

That IS funny! :D

Ok, so, of course I messaged the seller, here's the reply:

"So sorry, I am a 72 year old granny who listed it for her hubby. Would you want to send it back?
I just assumed since it was in the box and all, it was new. Let me know what you want to do".

Now, I looked at their other listings and I believe her. Bunch of kitchen/bath/shoes, junk. Like a couple hoarders.

Should I strong-arm granny for a partial refund, or let her and "hubby", Slippery Pete slide? Seriously, they have 100% feedback and 4,000 transactions. I think I'll give them a break.. It's actually kind of funny..

If it works, I'd just let it slide. Time is money and it's a pedal. Now if that were an amplifier or a rare pedal of some sort, Granny would have to cough it up.

Anyone with 4k transactions under their belt knows the deal. This account was either hacked or someone else in the family was using it because their own got shut down. Look at the seller's other transactions. You can usually tell if the seller is someone who should know what they're doing.

Two words "Plausible Deniability" is what happened here. I'd go for the partial refund,
as long as the pedal works. Hell, you will likely chip it up anyway, right?

Rick Lee":1n3is6kb said:
Anyone with 4k transactions under their belt knows the deal. This account was either hacked or someone else in the family was using it because their own got shut down. Look at the seller's other transactions. You can usually tell if the seller is someone who should know what they're doing.

I think this is exactly the case. I believe someone in the family used the account, it's feedback history and pulled a fast one. There was definitely some funny business, because my messages back and forth got strange. However, it's going back, right along with the prepaid shipping label.

All their auction items, current and past, have been household goods, and old fart stuff. I find it hard to believe a 72 year old lady was selling a dyna comp for her husband, and out of 4,000 transactions, suddenly listed something wrong.

napalmdeath":vk0kxvry said:
Ok, so, of course I messaged the seller, here's the reply:

"So sorry, I am a 72 year old granny who listed it for her hubby. Would you want to send it back?
I just assumed since it was in the box and all, it was new. Let me know what you want to do".

Now, I looked at their other listings and I believe her. Bunch of kitchen/bath/shoes, junk. Like a couple hoarders.

Should I strong-arm granny for a partial refund, or let her and "hubby", Slippery Pete slide? Seriously, they have 100% feedback and 4,000 transactions. I think I'll give them a break.. It's actually kind of funny..

if its really a granny, I would let her slide.

Back