My Wolfgang project

MYLILSS

This is a thread to detail the progress of my newest project. It’s a Peavey wolfgang special, that is having a new rear cavity routed for extra room and a battery box also. I am going to be adding a sustainiac sustainer to it, and have yet to pick a bridge pickup so recommendations are helpful. Something hot but with clarity. I play modern metal and hard rock even though this guitar is being done with an 80’s theme. Lee Garver is painting the body metal flake lime green and doing a Bengal Tiger graphic. We are also deleting the trem cavity screw holes. Hardware will stay chrome and the pickups and sustainiac will be white.

Attachments

• C82E8251-DA44-4DB3-A179-AC15C092B7E6.jpeg
    C82E8251-DA44-4DB3-A179-AC15C092B7E6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 881
Looks like it's going to be a fun project. I actual really like the Peavey pickups on my 96' Gold Top Wolfgang. If you want something hotter, I have a Motor City's Garuda and an Afwayu in two different guitars. Both are hot but very articulate.

DistortED":1q241zjp said:
Looks like it's going to be a fun project. I actual really like the Peavey pickups on my 96' Gold Top Wolfgang. If you want something hotter, I have a Motor City's Garuda and an Afwayu in two different guitars. Both are hot but very articulate.

I really like the wolfgang pickups as well, but sold the originals :LOL: :LOL: . the guitar was apart for a good while and I didn't know what I was gonna do with it. I thought about snagging a factory set but they are scarce from the peavey's these days, and I also need a solid white pickup for the look I am going for...

A pickup I've come to really like is the railhammer alnico grande. For a long time I defaulted to the Rio Grande BBQ (I guess I like grande in the name lol).

I saw this on Facebook and didn't realize it was yours ;)

One of my all time favorite pickups is the Afwayu. Have you ever tried one??

Lord Toneking":1yjwul2r said:
I saw this on Facebook and didn't realize it was yours ;)

One of my all time favorite pickups is the Afwayu. Have you ever tried one??

haha yeah it is mine. I'm building this one to gig with. we play modern music but I like attention getting stuff and nothing better than an 80's themed guitar for attention. ill have to look into that afwayu. I haven't ever tried one.

I have a earlier peavey wolfgang and I gotta agree that the pickups are awesome. I liked them enough to snag a pair on ebay for another guitar.

Looks like fun. Cheers!

Back