Woke up to a nice surprise from my guitar hero.

spguitar

Well, isn't this some fancy info?
I guess Adam Jones went to Germany to get his???
pJD2rlH.png

Nice.

On a funny note, a co-worker of mine went to college with someone who was in SP. He felt the band wasn’t going anywhere so he quit. Oops. lol

That's very cool, but with all those hashtags you attached I'm not surprised he saw the post! Lol!

I never got to max out the master volume on my VH4. I once cranked it up to about 1 o clock and was immediately reprimanded by my band mates.
On stage I don't think I ever cranked it past 11 o clock.

JimmyBlind":2cs2hbzk said:
I never got to max out the master volume on my VH4. I once cranked it up to about 1 o clock and was immediately reprimanded by my band mates.
On stage I don't think I ever cranked it past 11 o clock.

I sit around 11-12 o clock myself on stage. Anything further is intense.

D-Rock":1c8c93nd said:
That's very cool, but with all those hashtags you attached I'm not surprised he saw the post! Lol!

I think i figured out the IG code to getting to famous people. :LOL: :LOL:

psychodave":4nquv76h said:
Nice.

On a funny note, a co-worker of mine went to college with someone who was in SP. He felt the band wasn’t going anywhere so he quit. Oops. lol

Who was that? I only know of the original 4. I know Billy had a band previously called The Marked and was in Deep Blue Dream with Wayne Static.

mooncobra":3igyq7p2 said:
are you really into SP after Siamese Dream?

that might have sounded wrong, I meant do you really dig SP after Siamese Dream, the following albums.

Mellon Collie is my all time favorite album. SD and Machina a close 2nd and 3rd. The only one I wasn't a fan of was Monuments to an Elegy.

Corgan has some killer tones on alot of his albums. It's awesome that you have one of his amps. Wasn't that Diezel used on the Zeitgeist album? Either way, it's cool that he replied. I wonder if he'd reply if I bought one of the Crate amps he was selling for crazy money on Reverb

spawn802":j6lwo1y9 said:
Corgan has some killer tones on alot of his albums. It's awesome that you have one of his amps. Wasn't that Diezel used on the Zeitgeist album? Either way, it's cool that he replied. I wonder if he'd reply if I bought one of the Crate amps he was selling for crazy money on Reverb

He used a Herbert and Bogner Uberschall among other things on Zeitgeist. I believe mine was live use only but you can definitely hear a VH4 kick in on Stand Inside Your Love from Machina.

D-Rock":xn3vfs0m said:
Gish is an epic pure guitar rock album...

Yessir. ADA MP-1 into Marshall JCM 800
I had that rig and just never could get it to do what i wanted past those tones.

I listen through most of SP’s catalog at least once a year.
I don’t know what it is exactly but it doesn’t seem to get old (to me)
Corgan is such a gifted songwriter.
Combine that with layer upon layer of detail in production.
It just hits the right combination.

Back