Soldano Going Out of Business

psychodave":32xwfe75 said:
My own personal opinion and it’s just a guess, I wondered if DeYoung would still sell the transformers? I think about it because business is business, profit is profit and it seems to be in the interest of the company to sell them since Mike no longer is in business?

I actually looked up the announcement from when Deyoung got sold, seems like they'll be focusing on aeroplane parts. Audio transformers might've been a side thing all along, it's not like you see any other amps with their transformer.

Maybe they’ll release the schematics of the transformers or sell the rights to make them to someone else.

I vaguely remember reading something written by the guy from Onetics, that he started off with the schematics for the Deyoung transformers and changed things from there, with the goal of making something that isn’t a clone. Maybe he’ll make a clone, if the demand is there.

gijoe":it2e98sn said:
LP Freak":it2e98sn said:
That dude from Blues City Music always comes off as a real douche bag.

No, 95% of the Rig-Talk Membership are douche bags and 80's fag players. Punk-ass bitches, like yourself. You collectively have destroyed a once decent forum. 80's niggas.
Now that’s funny :LOL: :LOL:

Well, good luck to Mike in everything that's to come for him. A true genius and great guy who has been instrumental in helping players find their tone for decades...and contributing to some incredible albums by iconic players we all know and admire.
I mean, what other company can you call and the owner answers the phone, or calls you back? Not many, if any I imagine.

Mike called me back when my first SLO popped fuses right after I got it(it was used). I was panicking until he told me to try a pair of power tubes out of the 4 to determine if one was bad, and to half the impedance when doing it. That was the problem of course. He stayed on the line while I tried it. How cool is that. This happened quite a few yrs back, but is just one reason why Soldano is such an Iconic brand and will be sorely missed.

SLOs will always be mentioned as a legendary amp, top 3 for me no matter what shows up down the line.

gijoe":15so0nfu said:
LP Freak":15so0nfu said:
That dude from Blues City Music always comes off as a real douche bag.

No, 95% of the Rig-Talk Membership are douche bags and 80's fag players. Punk-ass bitches, like yourself. You collectively have destroyed a once decent forum. 80's niggas.
Lol, sounds like Carl.

King Guitar":awww053s said:
I know the real story. Don't worry about it, Soldano amps will still be available for the foreseeable future.
Alrighty then, that changes everything. Crisis averted. :D

steve_k":301xpa6y said:
The last sets of DeYoung transformers are coming in. Once they are gone, they are gone.

As it stands, Mike will take the SLO to the grave.

See how it plays out with the rest of the line.

King Guitar":301xpa6y said:
I know the real story. Don't worry about it, Soldano amps will still be available for the foreseeable future.

OK now that starts to make sense...

Kelly":2ivzxjr2 said:
engage757":2ivzxjr2 said:
Nevermind. Brad has it. :D
Just like he has Cameron Amps... :doh:

Let's be honest - Cameron was a clusterfuck before Brad even bought it out. Mike's single-handedly built an empire off of his amplifier line.

King Guitar":1j6l4tm2 said:
Kelly":1j6l4tm2 said:
engage757":1j6l4tm2 said:
Nevermind. Brad has it. :D
Just like he has Cameron Amps... :doh:

For the record, I dont "have it". I just know whats going on and what the future is for the Soldano brand and its not going away. When the people involved decide its time to pull back the curtain they will. That is all.

Is there any incentive to invest in an SLO now or will it not matter? That's really the question I've got.

Looks like you're the one who's FakeNews. :LOL: :LOL:

steve_k":6up9rfxl said:
The Rig Talk court of public opinion spews its usual shit on people and things it knows nothing about. Pretty much the CNN FakeNews of global bedroom warriors.

Mike's shop is on the market. Has been for a while. He is soon to be 63 and has made his money and looking to retire while there's still some life to live. That shop is mostly full of his other hobbies, cars and a huge machine shop. He has certainly earned his retirement, instead of flaming out like most. With the Seattle business climate, he stands to make a nice nest egg. He's also hung onto a lot of music history from decades past.

BCM is the only dealer left and has been for some years with inventory. James and Mike have been personal friends and business partners for years. Other than the odd SLO at a MF or GC, you won't find another. James is good people and is stating the obvious. He's also a pilot for Fedex and BCM is a hobby for him. The handful of folks wanting to bad mouth him, he really don' t need your business.

The last sets of DeYoung transformers are coming in. They have been sending small lots to Mike since they were bought out, as a courtesy. Once they are gone, they are gone.

As it stands, Mike will take the SLO to the grave. BAD rumors were just that. See how it plays out with the rest of the line. As for the SLO, let the clone wars begin with Heybor transformers and if that is what you choose to own, then that's your business.

I have the last few SLO's to come out of the shop. All with the new loop and MV mod. They are fantastic. and James is right, if you want a Mike Soldano built Soldano, now is the time to make it happen. When the shop sells, they are gone.

King Guitar":2lt31dws said:

Real story?

The factory is up for sale.
The primary dealer has said the next order is the last one and they won't be outsourced to BAD.

What's this 'real' story?

Back