Soldano Going Out of Business

Saw the rumors about this a month or two ago. Looks like it’s really over. I’m never parting with my ‘92 SLO. It’ll go to one of my kids. Man, this is kinda sad when I really think about it.

I like how that guy says no scare tactics and then in the same post uses words like Feeding Frenzy and Bidding War regarding the upcoming sales of his remaining Soldano products. Lol!

not sure exactly how old mike is but I would say early/mid 60's so probably not a surprise ... not sure if "going out of business" is the right wording either

Yeah "going out of business" has such a negative connotation to it one of failure and desperation.
That's definitely not the case with Mike.
He's retiring from work and retiring the brand. That's it.

Counterintuitive to gin up interest (PT Barnum-style sky is falling) at a lower price-point. If you have a 1/2 dozen amps available now @4k and there won't be anymore production (rumor), then you hang onto them to maximize profit AFTER the prices inflate.

Sounds more like he just wants to cash out of the stock he has inbound.....

memberzonly":3t5dugs7 said:
Counterintuitive to gin up interest (PT Barnum-style sky is falling) at a lower price-point. If you have a 1/2 dozen amps available now @4k and there won't be anymore production (rumor), then you hang onto them to maximize profit AFTER the prices inflate.

Sounds more like he just wants to cash out of the stock he has inbound.....

+1000 when it goes to BAD he wont be the chosen "store" anymore

Time to reap the rewards of his success. Good on him. Go live it up Mike! You can't take those millions with you :thumbsup:

Sad day to hear this. An amazing amp which brought joy to many. Treasure those one’s you have!

Believe it when it happens I suppose, don’t like the scare tactics that guy uses, seems shady. If it does, wish him and his folks the best.

It would be sad to see Soldano go/retire, etc...

Worth noting there has been NO statement from Soldano about this. So basically the current facts:
- there is a for sale sign on the Soldano building
- a dealer is using that to try to move current inventory while claiming no scare tactics

Seems to me the same stuff happened the last time Soldano moved locations to the current building in Seattle...

LP Freak":2blbajf7 said:
That dude from Blues City Music always comes off as a real douche bag.

Couldn't agree more and was thinking the same thing reading this thread before I got to your post :yes:
Let's add one more word to that description, FULL OF HIMSELF if I've ever seen it :LOL: :LOL:

The Rig Talk court of public opinion spews its usual shit on people and things it knows nothing about. Pretty much the CNN FakeNews of global bedroom warriors.

Mike's shop is on the market. Has been for a while. He is soon to be 63 and has made his money and looking to retire while there's still some life to live. That shop is mostly full of his other hobbies, cars and a huge machine shop. He has certainly earned his retirement, instead of flaming out like most. With the Seattle business climate, he stands to make a nice nest egg. He's also hung onto a lot of music history from decades past.

BCM is the only dealer left and has been for some years with inventory. James and Mike have been personal friends and business partners for years. Other than the odd SLO at a MF or GC, you won't find another. James is good people and is stating the obvious. He's also a pilot for Fedex and BCM is a hobby for him. The handful of folks wanting to bad mouth him, he really don' t need your business.

The last sets of DeYoung transformers are coming in. They have been sending small lots to Mike since they were bought out, as a courtesy. Once they are gone, they are gone.

As it stands, Mike will take the SLO to the grave. BAD rumors were just that. See how it plays out with the rest of the line. As for the SLO, let the clone wars begin with Heybor transformers and if that is what you choose to own, then that's your business.

I have the last few SLO's to come out of the shop. All with the new loop and MV mod. They are fantastic. and James is right, if you want a Mike Soldano built Soldano, now is the time to make it happen. When the shop sells, they are gone.

Well said, Steve. Is what it is... Guys can judge and slam, but Lynn Burke (BCM) is good people and he's been instrumental in carrying Soldano Amps through the "recession" and really slow times, as well as, trying to push and market this company for many years....things MJS just hasn't done himself!

steve_k":c7qcbg6n said:
The Rig Talk court of public opinion spews its usual shit on people and things it knows nothing about. Pretty much the CNN FakeNews of global bedroom warriors.

Mike's shop is on the market. Has been for a while. He is soon to be 63 and has made his money and looking to retire while there's still some life to live. That shop is mostly full of his other hobbies, cars and a huge machine shop. He has certainly earned his retirement, instead of flaming out like most. With the Seattle business climate, he stands to make a nice nest egg. He's also hung onto a lot of music history from decades past.

BCM is the only dealer left and has been for some years with inventory. James and Mike have been personal friends and business partners for years. Other than the odd SLO at a MF or GC, you won't find another. James is good people and is stating the obvious. He's also a pilot for Fedex and BCM is a hobby for him. The handful of folks wanting to bad mouth him, he really don' t need your business.

The last sets of DeYoung transformers are coming in. They have been sending small lots to Mike since they were bought out, as a courtesy. Once they are gone, they are gone.

As it stands, Mike will take the SLO to the grave. BAD rumors were just that. See how it plays out with the rest of the line. As for the SLO, let the clone wars begin with Heybor transformers and if that is what you choose to own, then that's your business.

I have the last few SLO's to come out of the shop. All with the new loop and MV mod. They are fantastic. and James is right, if you want a Mike Soldano built Soldano, now is the time to make it happen. When the shop sells, they are gone.

steve_k":3glkn37g said:

Well said. My source said the same thing. Mike has hobbies outside of amps that keep him happy and busy enjoying life. Once that property is sold and he cashes out, that’s it. Maybe he will tinker with amps for a little while or “here and there”, but it would be as a hobby and most likely for friends only.

My own personal opinion and it’s just a guess, I wondered if DeYoung would still sell the transformers? I think about it because business is business, profit is profit and it seems to be in the interest of the company to sell them since Mike no longer is in business?

Back