Bogner Helios Eclipse

I Bought the Sweetwater demo, just received it today. I cant complain about the price of 2600.00. I was told it was a store demo, not a return. But, its brand new. I have played it about 1 hour today in the variac mode through a Bogner 2x12 Helios cab dry with no no effects with my Luxxtone El Machete. So Far, So Good. Lots of gain, especially in Eclipse and Eclipse + mode. The Hot an 80's mode sound the same as the original Helios, but, i was playing that through a Bogner 4x12.

I am comparing this with the Friedman BE-50 Deluxe i just sold. I loved that amp as well, and probably will regret selling it. The Bogner has more gain than the BE50 even in the HBE channel. The Bogner is not as compressed as the friedman, thats why the Friedman is more tight and focused, its really suited for 80's Hard rock/80's Metal. The Bogner is more spongy(i have only played it with the Variac on) and again has lots of gain but it still retains clarity. Notes are really articulate in the Eclipse+ mode as well.

The clean channel is very good, not as good as the BE50, but good enough. I wish Bogner dedicated an EQ like friedman did, very simple Bass, Mid, Treb. Bogner's shares the EQ with the rest of the channels, although it has the 3 mode N B1 B2 switch.

Anyway, Have to give it more demo time!

Could you post some clips? There just aren't many clips around and there are a lot of us that would love to hear the amp!

TheStereoImage":cjciif6e said:
I Bought the Sweetwater demo, just received it today. I cant complain about the price of 2600.00. I was told it was a store demo, not a return. But, its brand new. I have played it about 1 hour today in the variac mode through a Bogner 2x12 Helios cab dry with no no effects with my Luxxtone El Machete. So Far, So Good. Lots of gain, especially in Eclipse and Eclipse + mode. The Hot an 80's mode sound the same as the original Helios, but, i was playing that through a Bogner 4x12.

I am comparing this with the Friedman BE-50 Deluxe i just sold. I loved that amp as well, and probably will regret selling it. The Bogner has more gain than the BE50 even in the HBE channel. The Bogner is not as compressed as the friedman, thats why the Friedman is more tight and focused, its really suited for 80's Hard rock/80's Metal. The Bogner is more spongy(i have only played it with the Variac on) and again has lots of gain but it still retains clarity. Notes are really articulate in the Eclipse+ mode as well.

The clean channel is very good, not as good as the BE50, but good enough. I wish Bogner dedicated an EQ like friedman did, very simple Bass, Mid, Treb. Bogner's shares the EQ with the rest of the channels, although it has the 3 mode N B1 B2 switch.

Anyway, Have to give it more demo time!

Congrats. I have the BE50 and love it. At times I thought I wish it had more gain, but boosts take care of that.

Are you saying the Bogner has more gain and is more raw/less compressed, but also less tight? What other comparisons would you make between the the Eclipse and BE50?

Cheers!

Thats a good explanation of the amp compared to the Friedman BE 50. More Raw, a bit less compressed. I liked the Friedman, but, i have had 3 now and 2 of them had some issues right off the bat. Bad Power Tubes, bad resistors.

The closest comparison to anything i have had would be the Soldano Hot Rod 50 plus.The Red channel and Bogner's Hot Mode are kind of similar but other than that, i have not had an amp that sounds like the Eclipse. I use to play Mesa's but have had Suhr PT 100, Soldano HotRod 50 plus, Friedman Smallbox 50, Friedman Runt 50, the BE 50, Suhr SL 67, and the helios as well as an Ecstasy. The red channel on the ecstacy has lots of gain as well, but i recall it being tonally different than the eclipse+ mode.

Ok, so the first step is admitting you have a problem.
Well damn it I want one. I admit it...I really want one of these.

No disrespect to the OP but how the fuck is a backing track an amp demo? Does anyone take there backing tracks when they demo amps? It seems its becoming a typical amp demo. These amp builders like Bogner seem have been around a long time and give us this shit. Wow. Let my grab my lap top and try out this new amp. I wont know if it's for me or not without my backing tracks. I refuse to even play guitar without a backing track. Rant over. Some of the sweetwater clips with DF and DR were the best.. chords and notes and the amp gone thru with each toggle on/off. No effects no backing tracks no genius talking for 18 minutes of a 23 minute amp demo. Wow.

Beandust":3j0llq8p said:
No disrespect to the OP but how the fuck is a backing track an amp demo? Does anyone take there backing tracks when they demo amps? It seems its becoming a typical amp demo. These amp builders like Bogner seem have been around a long time and give us this shit. Wow. Let my grab my lap top and try out this new amp. I wont know if it's for me or not without my backing tracks. I refuse to even play guitar without a backing track. Rant over. Some of the sweetwater clips with DF and DR were the best.. chords and notes and the amp gone thru with each toggle on/off. No effects no backing tracks no genius talking for 18 minutes of a 23 minute amp demo. Wow.
What?

I'm kind of surprised to hear the BE50 is less raw, tighter and more compressed than the Helios Eclipse! It sounds like if you want to do metel, the BE50 would be better at it if it's tighter, more compressed. I find the BE50 to be very raw!

I find the Splawn is tighter, more compressed, and less raw than my BE50.

LP Freak":1ltg7wuh said:
Anymore updates on this? Kinda weird it’s never taken off.

Yup, agree. Cannot believe these are not getting more attention. I did hear that they're not shipping to the big stores as anticipated, so maybe there's been a holdup in production?

They are trickling back into stock now. Matt's, Alto and a few others got them last week. There was a PT order change in the summer and delivery delays with them that prompted the wait. Jorg said the amps are so labor intensive that they slow to get out the door. Sweetwater is supposed to receive their order on the 30th. Anyway, be on the lookout. The Eclipse is shipping.

Back