Waiting 24 hours to get a refund for something I paid in Feb

Econ

I bothers me to do this, but I have no other option as to bring this to the public attention to see if the owner of the company from which I ordered and payed for a product back in February of this year does the right thing and refunds my money. After paying for this product back in February via Paypal, I have sent several messages to the company email address as well as their Facebook page inquiring on the status of my order. When I was in the process of researching the product, I sent several messages to the company’s owner and always got a response in 24 hours or less. After paying for the product and waiting the time that I was told it would take to get the product, I started sending messages inquiring on the status of my order. It would take weeks for me to get a response and sometimes I wouldnt even get one. The responses were as short as “sorry it has taken so long, we are on holiday, I’ll see what is going on and will get back to you soon” or as I said, the guy simply would not respond.

I checked some months back here and was told by some folks who have done business with this guy that the products take a long time to be received due in part to customs issues. I have not received a single message from the company owner saying that is the case, nor have received any tracking infirmation or other type of proof that the product was sent. In the last 2 weeks I have sent 2 messages to the guy’s Facebook account requesting a refund and he hasn’t respond my messages. Tonight I got hold of the guy’s Facebook personal page and have sent him a message giving him 24 hours to refund my money or I will start both a Paypal claim (still have time to do that) and will go public with this.

The company is in Europe, which complicates things. I don’t have any hopes that I’ll get the money from him, but I will give him the next 24 hours to do the right thing. If not, I will state his name and the company here, so other don’t get through the same experience I’ve gine thru.

I don’t know if this guy visits this forum, but if he by any chance gets know about this post my as for him is to do the right thing and refund my money inmediately.

Econ":ngrm9ias said:
I sent several messages to the company’s owner and always got a response in 24 hours or less. After paying for the product and waiting the time that I was told it would take to get the product, I started sending messages inquiring on the status of my order. It would take weeks for me to get a response and sometimes I wouldnt even get one. .

That old song and dance huh.

steve_k":ngrm9ias said:
Out him already.

This, well beyond the namesake time frame IMO. They had plenty of chances to reply by now.

Man,, screw that!!, OUT THEM !!!! , Don't be a pussy, I can kinda understand not wanting to, but waiting 6 mos on maybe a refund/product is total bs, NO business should be that way!. :doh: :doh:

Onwer contacted me and said that he was still on holiday and that the package was held at customs. That could be the case, but to this day he hasnt provided proof that the package was shipped. He also hasnt provided me with an alternative. I just filed a complaint with Paypal.

The company is Mark L Customs and the name of the guy is Marek Laskowski.

I will say my purchase from him shipped a month or two later than it was supposed to, but I did get a tracking number when he said it shipped. It really did sit in Polish customs about 2 months before it saw movement toward me.

When I spoke to him about the product back in January, he said that it would take 3 weeks. I went and paid for the product in February. For months I’ve been asking him to send me proof of shipping and nothing.

I've read many of these about that guy. The fact is, whether or not it gets stuck in customs, the fucker disappears after he takes your money, and becomes unresponsive. Fuck that guy. Half of it's customs, the other half is alot of B.S.

Just a receive another note from Marek. He has shipped a second package via FedEx that should arrive between the end of this week and the beginning of next week. He is also providing a tracking number. Hope I get the package this time. We'll see.

napalmdeath":2po9i4ai said:
Half of it's customs, the other half is alot of B.S.
Exactly... difficult to believe that he can't do anything at all about a problem he has to be aware of. I mean, with all the stories, he has to know that there's a recurring problem. Being unresponsive after a sale is complete B.S.

Good luck!! I hear that they're great units, if/when you finally get them.

Held in customs is such bullshit. EU requires them to attach an export document and value for export duties, and it is stamped and sent on its way. It's not some big black hole. At any rate, when he ships something, a tracking number is issued right away. There's no reason he can't send your tracking info when it leaves the shop.

Good luck.

ChurchHill":12a04gli said:
napalmdeath":12a04gli said:
Half of it's customs, the other half is alot of B.S.
Exactly... difficult to believe that he can't do anything at all about a problem he has to be aware of. I mean, with all the stories, he has to know that there's a recurring problem. Being unresponsive after a sale is complete B.S.

Good luck!! I hear that they're great units, if/when you finally get them.

It's stall tactics, is what it is. He just doesn't ship when he's supposed to. Why, all of the sudden, is he sending a second one, and has tracking right away? Isn't this what should have happened 6 months ago?

He finally sent a picture of the shipping receipt. Crossing fingers to see if I finally get the product.

napalmdeath":1s5qtco5 said:
It's stall tactics, is what it is. He just doesn't ship when he's supposed to. Why, all of the sudden, is he sending a second one, and has tracking right away? Isn't this what should have happened 6 months ago?
Exactly...

Econ":1s5qtco5 said:
He finally sent a picture of the shipping receipt. Crossing fingers to see if I finally get the product.
Well, at least it's a start in the right direction. Hope it doesn't take too long to get there, now that it's actually on its way.

Back