Driftwood or TC100?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22177
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22177

Anyone have experience with these amps? I'm getting amp gas again and have always been drawn to the Driftwood, but the TC100 looks cool too. I play mostly metal and like great cleans too. Thanks guys.

I honestly wasn’t too impressed with either the Driftwood or TC. I used to own a Driftwood Purple Nightmare and it was a solid amp, but sounded too polite and restrained next to my mark iic+ and modded Marshall’s I had at the time. Didn’t have the growl or tightness of those amps. Some have mentioned that it’s a more pickup dependent amp, but I had everything from low output paf type pickups to high output ceramics and stuf in between and it didn’t matter. IMO there are so many better amps out there in the Driftwood’s price range. I do agree that it looked cool though

braintheory":sp4527xj said:
I honestly wasn’t too impressed with either the Driftwood or TC. I used to own a Driftwood Purple Nightmare and it was a solid amp, but sounded too polite and restrained next to my mark iic+ and modded Marshall’s I had at the time. Didn’t have the growl or tightness of those amps. Some have mentioned that it’s a more pickup dependent amp, but I had everything from low output paf type pickups to high output ceramics and stuf in between and it didn’t matter. IMO there are so many better amps out there in the Driftwood’s price range. I do agree that it looked cool though

I think you told me this before about the Driftwood. My friggin memory is getting scary bad :scared:

The TC had a nice rhythm and clean channel. I didn't care for it's red channel. While it had a lot of gain it just felt mushy to me, wasn't very articulate for leads IMHO. The blue channel with a boost was great though.

Back