Best budget Zoom type recorder

maddnotez

Banned
Looking to get a zoom recorder.

I see the H6 is $300 and the H1n is $100. Is the H6 light years better? Any of the in between ones a better deal? Not looking to produce an album, just to get very clear recordings for those random jams with live drums.

I was also told about Tascam. Any opinions on which is better? Is there a more bang for the buck or is the $100 vs $300 night and day?

I just bought the Q2N, needed video and audio. Does HD video and can handle higher db's than gopro. May not be exactly what you were looking for but for $150 it's pretty cool.

Yeah I may get a camera this weekend. Someone posted a video of theirs and it does sound really good. I didn't NEED a camera but why not lol.

maddnotez":1ed9bj00 said:
Yeah I may get a camera this weekend. Someone posted a video of theirs and it does sound really good. I didn't NEED a camera but why not lol.

only complaint I have is that it eats batteries FAST. 2 AA's will last a little over an hour. The fix is easy, found a YouTube video where another user was using a cell phone charging bank, lasts 5+ hours and costs $20.

I've been thinking about the Zoom Q8 myself. I need to research that thing some more. I'm curious how it would do in front of both lower and higher volume amps. Can it handle the dB at loud practice/band volumes?

Jayy":34yrgw6j said:
I've been thinking about the Zoom Q8 myself. I need to research that thing some more. I'm curious how it would do in front of both lower and higher volume amps. Can it handle the dB at loud practice/band volumes?

Here is the video the guy linked me with his Q2. Sounds great to me, I can imagine the Q8 is even better. Probably tons of vids on youtube. Have not checked for any yet.

maddnotez":2jlkky8c said:
Jayy":2jlkky8c said:

Here is the video the guy linked me with his Q2. Sounds great to me, I can imagine the Q8 is even better. Probably tons of vids on youtube. Have not checked for any yet.

Thanks. Yeah, that sounded like the audio help up just fine. I would think the Q8 should be even better too.

Back