Have you ever "upgraded" your gear because of a female?

Jayy":2hmybi4h said:
Kevin11":2hmybi4h said:
Women at gigs have responded to the "prettier" guitars I've had over the years with colorful flamed or quilted maple tops. They're usually regulars who've seen us a bunch. I get a lot of "you brought my favorite guitar!" :thumbsup:

Conversely, years ago a woman of...a certain age...who appeared to have been a card-carrying member of the club we were playing (if you can picture the type) seemed to be having a great time dancing by herself. Between songs, I did a quick guitar switch. Put my LP down and grabbed my old 81 Dean ML. I'd long since retired the guitar because every time I brought it out, people automatically assumed it was Pantera time. Since I'm not a pimple on Dime's rear, no, it was never gonna' be Pantera time. FWIW, I bought the guitar new as a wee lad in 82 because Elliot Easton played one. :LOL: :LOL: Anyway, this particular night I got a wild hair and brought it out. I don't know what got into this woman, but we started playing, she turned around, walked right up to me, pointed to the guitar and stood there for several minutes giving me the finger and shaking her head no. At the end of the song, she started yelling "Put that f-ing thing away!" at me. When I smiled at her and didn't, she started screaming "F YOU!" over and over at the top of her lungs as we started the next song. This was long before Dime's untimely death, so it wasn't that. She just hated the guitar. Of course, at that point I knew it was my civic duty to finish the night with it. She finally got tired of screaming and fell back to the occasional drunk dancing bird flip.

Now see, you did the right thing there! THAT was a woman that was DEFINITELY worth avoiding! Good job! :thumbsup:
Hell has no wrath like a woman dimed. :aww:

Don't be a pussy. Seriously.You going to make sure your wardrobe looks cool too just in case the girls want to chat? Women respect a man who is into what he is doing and who is passionate, not a kiss ass. Make sure you don't play your axe at your neck and do the wear flip flops and dad shorts to a gig and you are already ahead of the curve ..

Kapo_Polenton":162g1yaf said:
Don't be a pussy. Seriously.You going to make sure your wardrobe looks cool too just in case the girls want to chat? Women respect a man who is into what he is doing and who is passionate, not a kiss ass. Make sure you don't play your axe at your neck and do the wear flip flops and dad shorts to a gig and you are already ahead of the curve ..

All absolutely true, but still.... an eggplant down the front of the pants can’t do any harm, right? :D

Gear...not sure what the definition of gear is but yah I upgraded my clothes and hairstyle and hair spray....panties dropped!
Thank u that is all

I see the OP's true problem. He needs to upgrade his "guitar" from this

to one of these :D
OP, check your spam and junk email filters. You're bound to find some pills that can help !

Attachments

• 573003a6315160e4f01d19433d82b43d.jpg
    573003a6315160e4f01d19433d82b43d.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,004
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,006
thegame":hkwv4oe1 said:
I see the OP's true problem. He needs to upgrade his "guitar" from this

to one of these :D
OP, check your spam and junk email filters. You're bound to find some pills that can help !
And a Ukrainian wife to use them on.

Lot of fun to be had here. :LOL: :LOL:

Im damn near 50. I barely play much. Used to be 8-10 hours every weekend.

Now if we hit 2 hours a month its a winner.

Not sure why the drive is passing. :aww:

Got tons of cool gear. Just the desire is fading I guess. Happened before. Went almost 10 years with out playing.

Maybe the spark will come back. I hope

Mailman1971":130pu5ht said:
Lot of fun to be had here. :LOL: :LOL:

Im damn near 50. I barely play much. Used to be 8-10 hours every weekend.

Now if we hit 2 hours a month its a winner.

Not sure why the drive is passing. :aww:

Got tons of cool gear. Just the desire is fading I guess. Happened before. Went almost 10 years with out playing.

Maybe the spark will come back. I hope
It’s because you probably feel like half the man you used to.

My wife is the lead singer and bass player in my band and quite frankly a much better musician than I am (she's a Berklee grad). So gear upgrades benefits both of us.

nope, never upgraded gear because of anyone except me.
I used to be of the mindset that my amp had to have a certain name on it and that my guitar had to have a certain name on the headstock.
I remember when I bought my first Splawn, I lamented about the fact that it wouldn't say Marshall on the front of the amp :LOL: :LOL: .
After I got the amp that went away and never thought about it since.
I play a Kiesel now for my main guitar, had a kid tell me "but that's not a name brand guitar" I laughed. It shames the LP's i played for years so I never give it a thought.

I seriously thought this thread was going down the pooper real quick, no pun intended. :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks to all you guys who shared the awesome memories. :thumbsup:

Well, I got a better job because after years of draining my woman's bank account, it was time to step it up and not be a douchebag. Better job = better gear.

Back