Whats you favorite of all the EVH 5150?

halebox

For someone who has tried them all which is your favorite? Ive had a couple 50 watt 6L6 which I liked. I play little more hard rock than full metal all the time. I think I was missing a good mid gain tone when I sold mine but the the clean and high gain were great

Peavey 5150 2x12.

I played the el34 stealth and it sounded anemic and didn’t want to go into feedback at band volumes. Great studio amp but not my first preference :dunno:

halebox":29uin5z9 said:
Is there a regular EL34 100 and a stealth version or one in the same?

As far as the 100w heads go, one in the same. Pretty sure the only EL34 versions are the 100w Stealth and the 50w head.

My favorite by far was a really early demo model 5150 III 100w head my local GC got in just before they were officially released. I'm not sure what tubes were in it (they weren't JJs), but that particular amp sounded incredible. I offered to buy it on the spot. The blue channel alone was worth it. I was told it was for demo purposes only and not for sale. When I finally scored a brand new one a few months later, it was OK, but nowhere near what that demo amp sounded like.

glpg80":21sq6pa5 said:
Peavey 5150 2x12.

I played the el34 stealth and it sounded anemic and didn’t want to go into feedback at band volumes. Great studio amp but not my first preference :dunno:

Interesting. I don't have that issue at all, but I do dial in some of the Kruse Supersonic so maybe thats the difference?

Mine is right up there with my favorite amps I've used live. Punches and growls in a very musical way with the best of them.

I tried them all also.

And to me the original blue channel was just IT!!!!!

The red was great also, but i like the 5150II better.

Sold it lately, i have a BE 100 that covers the type of tone the blue channel had, better too. And my 5150 II covers my heavies.

But i need two amps to cover these tones as the 5150 III had three great channels, albeit a little compromise for the BROOTALS. Throw an EQ and it gets better though.

But the EVH 4x12!!!!!!! LOVE

Evh 50. I love this little bastard, and has beat a lot of amps that I’ve sold now, except my old modded plexi reissue, which Is a completely different beast.

glpg80":274psoev said:
Peavey 5150 2x12.

Agree. I have owned 11 5150s, and the Peavey 212s are still the best sounding of them all to me. Above the EVH 50 and Stealth, original 5150/6505 heads, and the 5150II/6505+ heads

I've owned them all and agree that the Peavey 5152 and the 5150 2x12 sound and feel best to me. Although if I had to pick from the EVH line it would prob be the original 100w head.

I prefer the original EVH 100w or 50w over everything that came later. I’ve sold them all (including a Peavey) and kept the 50w over the 100w solely on the basis of its smaller size and midi input.

Owned a 5150 2x12 combo and thought it was the best for me. I thought the 5150 II head was a pretty close second. I haven't tried the 6505 series but I'm sure they are identical. I owned a 5153 50w for a bit and thought it was good too.

glpg80":c0ur66sj said:
Peavey 5150 2x12.

I always heard the original combos sounded great but never compared one to the block head I had.

crwnedblasphemy":148ko7sz said:
problem with the original combo is it is like 160lbs

It`s about 90lbs which is still a nightmare . I shipped one years ago not knowing what I was getting myself into , what a PITA

Back