"N"AD...

PhloridaMan

Stumbled into a local guitar store this afternoon up the street from me to pick up some strings and there sitting in the corner was this 8 out of 10 6505+... I hemmed and hawed over it for a little bit, went and grabbed lunch and came back. Talked to sales guy, they had it listed at $550. I told him I could only spend $500 and ended up making the deal for $500 out the door tax included. I feel like it's gonna need tubes in the very near future, but it sounds just as good as the 7 others I owned previously. Just like putting on an old comfortable pair of shoes. Not sure why I keep selling them because I always end up right back here. There's just something about these amps to me... They have a certain growl that the 5150III just doesn't have.

39157759_10157712546124972_8496183126739910656_o.jpg

Now the only question left in my head is... Sell the 5150III, or store it... :confused:

Edit... Fixed the title from NGD to NAD for psychodave lol :LOL: :LOL: :D

Phil Jacques":kjs0wm1y said:
Gear...

Amp... Gear NAD NGD whatever lol I've been up since 2:30am leave me alone lol

lol. Not hating. I thought you had something else too. :LOL: :LOL: More is better. Haha

psychodave":f0v6whi0 said:
Phil Jacques":f0v6whi0 said:
Gear...

Amp... Gear NAD NGD whatever lol I've been up since 2:30am leave me alone lol

lol. Not hating. I thought you had something else too. :LOL: :LOL: More is better. Haha

I know, just busting your balls. Almost bought an Orange PPC212CB too while I was there, but I refrained. I think I am going to make the switch back to Mesa soon or maybe find some VADER cabs.

Hell yeah! Congrats on the re-re-re-uninon!

Those amps are GREAT :rock: I've never owned one, but should have for years. I've played a bunch, and every time I thought, why the hell don't I have one at home :confused: I will put one in the stable at some point.

Being nitpicky here, but I much prefer the power/standby switches on the Peaveys than the EVH switches being in the back. HNAD!

PRS":21jx3vq0 said:
Being nitpicky here, but I much prefer the power/standby switches on the Peaveys than the EVH switches being in the back. HNAD!
I would rather have 3 independent channels with full EQ control of each. This is the reason EVH had to place the stdby and power switches on the back.

nevusofota":6wpxksgp said:
PRS":6wpxksgp said:
I would rather have 3 independent channels with full EQ control of each. This is the reason EVH had to place the stdby and power switches on the back.

I used to want that too but now I'm feeling like a single channel hi-gain head into a 412 and A/B that with a super clean 212 combo. Different amps with separate effects loops going out to different speakers in different enclosures for completely different sounds seems like the way to go for me. Different...

Back