A Wizard Modern Classic for 7 grand!

UberschallEL34":3bu48iu2 said:
UberBro UberHeadUpHisAss Abilene once posted the "most brutal Uberschall amp ever" on Reverb for $15,000 or something close to that amount.

folks pricing is funny sometimes, brain damage.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I still say that these ads are when guys have the wife up their ass about selling gear, so they put a stupid price on it knowing it won't sell....

Racerxrated":2we06k29 said:
UberschallEL34":2we06k29 said:
UberBro UberHeadUpHisAss Abilene once posted the "most brutal Uberschall amp ever" on Reverb for $15,000 or something close to that amount.

folks pricing is funny sometimes, brain damage.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I still say that these ads are when guys have the wife up their ass about selling gear, so they put a stupid price on it knowing it won't sell....

That is a good idea though.. I haven't thought of it before

Racerxrated":v4z3yrce said:
lespaul6":v4z3yrce said:
what a joke.. that one sold on this forum for around 2500 bucks with the cameron mods to the power section
My guess is the wife is making him sell...but he doesn't want to, so he puts a ridiculous price on it.....

This amp is now here in the classifieds I think?

-That'd be me,... im the owner of the WIZARD... thou i must of been on drugs because i dont remember posting it for $2500... i'm gonna try to come in here every day before i post my gear in the classifieds,..
maybe someone will get a kick out of it..

$7000 is what i was quoted to fix the Wizard-

Don’t take this the wrong way but Ricks amps are fine the way they are and having anyone else but Rick mid them kinda takes away from the whole Wizard thing, even if it’s a well known dude like Mark Cameron. Missing a Marshall is one thing but having someone tweak a Wizard would be like letting a Ford mechanic work on your Ferrari. In addition, Rick doesn’t really like it if someone else mods his amps...

UberschallEL34":atmrd0cy said:
Don’t take this the wrong way but Ricks amps are fine the way they are and having anyone else but Rick mid them kinda takes away from the whole Wizard thing, even if it’s a well known dude like Mark Cameron. Missing a Marshall is one thing but having someone tweak a Wizard would be like letting a Ford mechanic work on your Ferrari. In addition, Rick doesn’t really like it if someone else mods his amps...

Agreed 100%. Also, if Mark had turned this into a monster Jose or Aldrich mod that might be another story, but he didn't do that here.

sg guy":2smf453h said:
-That'd be me,... im the owner of the WIZARD... thou i must of been on drugs because i dont remember posting it for $2500... i'm gonna try to come in here every day before i post my gear in the classifieds,..

"Fix" it?? Totally confused. :confused: I would think he could gut it and start from scratch much cheaper. I think that price might have an inconvenience, and aggravation fee of about $3000.

UberschallEL34":1nxikt70 said:
Mod his amps? Can't imagine the verbal beatdown one would get if they talked to Rick about it. Hell, he gets pissed if you tell him you are re biasing with different power tubes.
:LOL: :LOL:

Racerxrated":34ghgygg said:
UberschallEL34":34ghgygg said:
Mod his amps? Can't imagine the verbal beatdown one would get if they talked to Rick about it. Hell, he gets pissed if you tell him you are re biasing with different power tubes.

Exactly, contacting him and saying "hey Rick I have an amp that was modded can you restore back to original" would beg the question(s:)
1. who modded your amp
2. did you commission the mod
3. if you ask Rick to fix it be prepared to pay a ton
4. why not just buy a new Wizard from him instead

I had an older stock MC that had an issue and I shipped it to him to fix and he was nice as could be, reasonable fee, updated the amp to his "current' specs and all that. But this $6000 Wizard has me wondering, did Mark "improve" the amp enough to ask $3000 over what a used MC would be...or just buy a new one from Rick?

And I think the $2500 price was referencing what this amp was listed for by another member in here months back. :confused:

UberschallEL34":o5tw6a3n said:
Racerxrated":o5tw6a3n said:
UberschallEL34":o5tw6a3n said:

Exactly, contacting him and saying "hey Rick I have an amp that was modded can you restore back to original" would beg the question(s:)
1. who modded your amp
2. did you commission the mod
3. if you ask Rick to fix it be prepared to pay a ton
4. why not just buy a new Wizard from him instead

I had an older stock MC that had an issue and I shipped it to him to fix and he was nice as could be, reasonable fee, updated the amp to his "current' specs and all that. But this $6000 Wizard has me wondering, did Mark "improve" the amp enough to ask $3000 over what a used MC would be...or just buy a new one from Rick?

And I think the $2500 price was referencing what this amp was listed for by another member in here months back. :confused:
I hear ya. I'd guess that the MCI has been updated to a II by Rick, which ain't cheap...amp is worth 3K or so, then you add in the Cameron factor, and that Cams have been selling for 3K and quickly, the seller comes up with his price. Truly a one of a kind, but for me I can't imagine doing anything different with my MCI except using a boost pedal to give it a small bit of compression, which brings me into metal territory. Perfect Marshall type amp available, IMO.

sg guy":pnw1am74 said:

You didn't. Not sure what you paid for it but it was listed here awhile back by the original seller (maybe EMG who posted above?) in the $2.5k range. What makes you think it's worth 7 grand now?? :LOL: :LOL:

Webb":tp5aaa4r said:
sg guy":tp5aaa4r said:

You didn't. Not sure what you paid for it but it was listed here awhile back by the original seller (maybe EMG who posted above?) in the $2.5k range. What makes you think it's worth 7 grand now?? :LOL: :LOL:

probably weed

UberschallEL34":2nrivsk0 said:
Webb":2nrivsk0 said:
sg guy":2nrivsk0 said:

probably weed

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! Reefer madness strikes again!

-this amp wasnt listed here for $2500 a fewcmonths ago or anywhere.. ive had the amp for 2 years... -----(the list of facts)----
-WIZARD MC 1 factory upgraded to MC 2
-Mark Cameron does a power section mod
-a loop is installed by ??
-2 years ago i trade a JJ-100 for the WIZARD-(and i am a very happy man, love the amp)-
-the "Lead Master" pot is scratchy & has (volume jump) thats a life/death experience.
-i call Wizard Amps to get a repair quote-
-Rick answers the phone i tell him about the amp. Rick asks who, what, why and goes ape shit!-(all the stories are true, Rick is "The AMP NAZI" he's french-canadian, speaks broken english "NO AMP FOR YOU!"
the only way he would even consider looking at the amp was if it were brought back to a
MC 1 spec. not the MC 2 spec, that he did..
for $7000.. -(new $4600 at the time)- turn around time.. "its gonna be awhile and given lowest priority." Rick is pissed that someone touched his amp & obviously i need to pay for it. then he told me to call him back in 2 weeks, why? i dont know, but i do. he's even more pissed.. i tell him my situation & that i love the amp that i would be happy if i could buy a new "Lead Master" pot off him & i would put it in and Rick loses his fuckin mind... and refuses to even take it in for $7000 and if i tried to buy a new amp he would know so dont even try!!

sg guy":fghvojhg said:
-this amp wasnt listed here for $2500 a fewcmonths ago or anywhere.. ive had the amp for 2 years... -----(the list of facts)----
-2 years ago i trade a JJ-100 for the WIZARD-(and i am a very happy man, love the amp)-
-the "Lead Master" pot is scratchy & has (volume jump) thats a life/death experience.
-Rick answers the phone i tell him about the amp. Rick asks who, what, why and goes ape shit!-(all the stories are true, Rick is "The AMP NAZI" he's french-canadian, speaks broken english "NO AMP FOR YOU!"
the only way he would even consider looking at the amp was if it were brought back to a
for $7000.. -(new $4600 at the time)- turn around time.. "its gonna be awhile and given lowest priority." Rick is pissed that someone touched his amp & obviously i need to pay for it. then he told me to call him back in 2 weeks, why? i dont know, but i do. he's even more pissed.. i tell him my situation & that i love the amp that i would be happy if i could buy a new "Lead Master" pot off him & i would put it in and Rick loses his fuckin mind... and refuses to even take it in for $7000 and if i tried to buy a new amp he would know so dont even try!!

still doesn't quite justify trying to sell it for $6,000 but it's your amp, you obviously have to do what you gotta do. this is why whenever you have a Wizard, don't ever have anyone else work on it.

This is what I know about MC1. I traded for it, here. I don't remember form which member. I traded a BE100 for it plus a couple hundred dollars. He had it listed for $3000. While in my possession, I had the loop installed by a local tech in AZ, Hunt Amplification. I also had the line out wired to trigger a second gain stage on the lead channel. I traded it to SG for a JJ100.

sg guy":3bpf0cuh said:

so he refused to take it in, and if he did, he would only bring it back to MC1? He told you it would be $7000 to bring it to MCi to fix the problem it is having and then refused to take it in, and then he said you could not even buy a new amp? Wild. So the LIFE/DEATH volume jump and scratchiness, that was never fixed? I am confused. Can you answer these questions:

-is it $6000 because that's what rick said it would cost to fix it?
-you said it is a LIFE/DEATH problem, is the amp also electrocuting you?

-what is happening??

Back