The origins of Rigtalk?

Yeah, those days were the best. That forum really rolled. Now the forums are mostly dead in comparison. I guess most people have moved onto other things, and not a lot of kids today are playing guitar when they could play with their phones and do nothing..

midnightlaundry":1ycepcq7 said:
Yeah, those days were the best. That forum really rolled. Now the forums are mostly dead in comparison. I guess most people have moved onto other things, and not a lot of kids today are playing guitar when they could play with their phones and do nothing..

it really was crazy, i remember going out for a couple hours and it would be page after page of new threads by the time i got back.

Somewhere on a CD, I have archives of some of the HCAF insanity. There were threads that were so nuts that I thought they should be kept if for nothing else, evidence in case there were litigation.

I remember about 11 years ago I moved from a shitty apartment to a less shitty apartment before we had internet on our phones.. It took about a week and a half to get my cable running so I could get back on the web to HCAF. I was freaking out thinking I was missing all the action.. :LOL: :LOL: I don't feel that way anymore.. :no:

All this social media shit has brought out the worst in people now I think. People are self righteous as fuck as will snap judgement your ass to the gallows for all eternity because the just decided they don't like you..

Back in the day it was like crack jumping from topic to topic and trying to keep up with the classifieds. Took a while to ween off of that crap. I think I disappeared back in ‘13 or ‘14 popping in every few months to see what mailman was up too :LOL: :LOL:

There really was a comradery and community....like nothing else I have ever seen anywhere on the internet.
Funny how times change. Then came the Nike years. It was all shoes here at Rug Talk©®™.

You could sell an amp or guitar within 5 minutes of posting it! Awesome times!

OG member here as well! Not on as often as life has a way of keeping busy but still here from time to time. Had some great times on threads and built some great friendships here in the beginning!

What triggered the mass exodus of all the old school RT guys (originally HC dwellers) like 7, 8 years ago ? I remember almost overnight most of the regulars just up and quit the forum cold turkey. What was the impetus ?

I think lot of guys jumped to Facebook.
Made their own little groups.
And just hover there.
I’ve been invited numerous times to these groups.
But I don’t do face book.
So I linger here. :LOL: :LOL:

I think I'm a day 1 member. Or first few days. I miss all the jams that were done on hcaf and rig talk. I've become so busy with life I don't get to play much anymore. A family (have a sick almost 2 year old laying on me right now!), a new house, work (just a little while to go and I'll be a journeyman electrician). I'm starting to play more again, but my chops have suffered! Can't wait to teach my son, he loves banging away at the guitars already.

So much drama, knowledge, and fun in the past. Love this place!

Man I miss The HCAF Days. That's where i met Kage & i still consider him to be part of my Family to this day. If people only knew what he did for me in a time of need...it does not involve money, just his time.

I stepped away for a long while. Got tired of being caught up on the gear/tone chase and all the crazy stuff that started going on here. Sold off most of my gear and bought a nice Class A MotorHome and moved into it full time. Living tiny is so much more relaxing and I can afford to travel.

I still stopped in once in a while to check on mailman and a few others. :rock:

When I was in the depths of HC, I was in bands, swapping gear all the time, etc. Now I do home recordings and try to be more picky with my purchases. :)

Back