NGD: Mayones

LunatiBSW

Picked me up a brand new, Mayones Duvelle Elite......with some cool upgrades.

I’m left handed, it’s hard to get super cool lefty’s. I’ve bought quite a few custom runs from a guitar shop that deals only with left handed high-end guitars. So he gets crazy stuff, but has to order like 10 guitars at a time to make it happen.....

I had a Mayo regius I loved, but heard so many good things about the duvelle, I really wanted to try one. He gave me a crazy deal, and it landed a couple days ago.

Eye Poplar top
1 piece mahogany back
Wenge/ bubinga neck
Amazing ebony board
Bare knuckle juggernaut set with coil tap. And lower knob placement, no tone knob :rock:
Stainless steel frets, meticulously done
Hipshot bridge and tuners
Luminlays- blue
This guitar plays like butter.
I put on a set of nyxl 11-56, adj the truss rod tiny bit, had to change intonation on the low e, going from the stock .46 to a .56.
Now it’s perfect, what a beast, more alive than the regius, but the regius is no slouch.
Really love these mayo guitars!!!

grhZkDWl.jpg

pl39ylrl.jpg

MF769Whl.jpg

4ax6NJKl.jpg

Yes, that’s wood binding around the headstock
4LD1ufbl.jpg

The luminlays:
bllcstRl.jpg

Awesome man congrats. Would love to have one.

You should snag that lefty BRJ in the classifieds too!!

maddnotez":33476hjq said:

Thanks buddy, I saw that, and started to get interested, until I saw it had a neck Repair, not for me :no:
Even if it’s fine now

LunatiBSW":350xakbl said:
maddnotez":350xakbl said:

Thanks buddy, I saw that, and started to get interested, until I saw it had a neck Repair, not for me :no:
Even if it’s fine now

Fair enough, how about the Duvell though. Be honest, are the claims true?

I have never touched a Mayo but have seen tons of posts about this one being far superior to the others tonally.

Congrats, that looks amazing. I've owned a Regius before and loved it, how would you compare to the Regius?

That looks awesome! Have never played one but I think I need to.

On another note, at first I thought that your chimney had bubble wrap on it at first glance. Then I looked again. :LOL: :LOL:

Congrats and welcome to the club!!! :) These guitars are the cat's banana hammock.

The top looks like eye poplar to me, not burl?

maddnotez":3njlnq05 said:
LunatiBSW":3njlnq05 said:
maddnotez":3njlnq05 said:

Even if it’s fine now

Fair enough, how about the Duvell though. Be honest, are the claims true?

I have never touched a Mayo but have seen tons of posts about this one being far superior to the others tonally.

Mayos are quality and have some of the best fretwork/playability I’ve seen, they have a small team and everything they put out is awesome.
I personally like this duvell a little better. Has more attack, and sounds more lively. Not saying I didn’t like the regius. But for metal, this is a better guitar, the pickups prob have a little do with it, but they both had hot bare knuckle pickups. Regius has ceramic nailbomb, this one has the juggernaut.

stratjacket":1xxxhrd6 said:
Congrats, that looks amazing. I've owned a Regius before and loved it, how would you compare to the Regius?

Thanks buddy, I loved the regius too, it looked fancier for sure. This duvelle is just more metal.

fek":28f7qcng said:
That looks awesome! Have never played one but I think I need to.

On another note, at first I thought that your chimney had bubble wrap on it at first glance. Then I looked again. :LOL: :LOL:

You will want to buy many if you do. Amazing guitars. Absolutely stunned by this new one.
Oh yeah, thigh garder.

MetalHeadMike":28f7qcng said:
Very nice!!!! Congrats and enjoy!

Thanks man, it’s def cured some guitar gas for me

snowdog":28f7qcng said:
Nice, Love that neck.

The exotic woods they use look amazing and feel even better. I love the raw satin feel.

Beandust":28f7qcng said:
Congratulations. Beautiful Guitar

Thanks. I appreciate it!!

CEG85":28f7qcng said:
That's a beauty, Congrats!

Thanks!! I’ve been eyeing it a long time, I’m glad it came home :LOL: :LOL:

NateFreezy":28f7qcng said:
What's the guitar shop? I have a Skervesen 7 but would like to sell or trade to try a Duvell.

Extreme left handed guitars, based out of Florida. David is the shit!
He may buy used stuff? Have no idea.
I know they only have one more mayo in stock, it’s a duvelle, stained dark blue,has Emg’s. Cool guitar.

Fitrocker33":28f7qcng said:
Wait so did you 86 that regius you had??

Yes, funny story, I sold it back to the original owner.
It was a beauty, but I took a gamble, and am very happy I did.

FourT6and2":28f7qcng said:
Congrats and welcome to the club!!! :) These guitars are the cat's banana hammock.

The top looks like eye poplar to me, not burl?

Thanks buddy, I corrected it, my Regius was a Burl buckeye.
I was working out when I posted that, so my mind was elsewhere I guess.
But, yes, this guitar is a solid masterpiece and I’m loving it :D

maddnotez":2x5zptbj said:
I need one

I think you should give it a shot, I’m glad I did. I had to buy sight unseen, never played one.
They deliver on the hype, amazing guitars.

Back