N7SD! Ibanez Prestige RGD3127! Happy B-day to me!

JerEvil

Eff yes!

So Mrs. Evil asked me a few weeks ago what I wanted for my birthday. I was like, "I dunno, maybe some video games, some cologne, whatever." I have kind of stopped being overly excited/concerned with my birthday the last few years. She was like, "Why not a guitar?" She told me to pick out some that I really liked so she could surprise me with one of them BUT to make sure that I wouldn't mind what she picked.

I picked a couple LP's and this guy. They were all in the same price range and accepted offers on Reverb.

ppQWo5vl.jpg

ZQ7VF1gl.jpg

NFubBzOl.jpg

KdrvdcDl.jpg

3xJcbGql.jpg

OQnYpvll.jpg

I have to tell you, I am glad she went with this guitar over the LP's. I love a good Les Paul but I have wanted this particular guitar for about the last 7 months and the GAS got worse when I got my RG Prestige a few months ago. Haven't had a chance to plug it in yet but I did sit and play it for a bit at my office the day it came in and also a bit this morning.

Feels infinitely superior to my KM-7 MKI. The neck on the Ibanez is much thicker than the KM which really surprised me. It's a little flat but overall beefier than I anticipated and I lOVE it! The Edge trem feels great. Hopefully I dig these humbuckers. They are the DiMarzio Fusion's. I never got 100% comfy with the 26.5" scale on the KM-7. I can rip on it well enough to like it but it still doesn't feel 100% natural for leads. This Ibanez is the same scale but for some reason feels better in my hands overall.

The guitar was built in 4/2018 and I think she got it for about $600 less than new so good score there. It looks showroom clean. New is Maple w/Wenge stringers. Surprised how wide the stringers are compared to the hairline ones on my RG.

Here's the only suck thing. She wanted me to be surprised, but the seller shipped it in just the case! Second guitar I got like this. My shipping lady at work was like, "You got a big black case here..." so I was immediately like, "Damn it!" Sure as hell, I go to grab it and see Ibanez on the case. 2 latches were not even closed. I texted her and told her I need to look and make sure the guitar was even in there and it wasn't a 6 lb weight. She was bummed but glad I liked what she picked.

Also, I have to say, the Prestige stuff is killer. I swore off Ibanez like 2 decades ago. These 2 guitars are absolutely sick. They play so damn easily. I can't believe that the RG feels so comfy even having such a thin neck. This 7 String feels like a baseball bat in comparison which I love.

congrats bro. i like the white RGD3127, but wasn’t sure i wanted Basswood. i believe the scale length is the same though as the km7?

crwnedblasphemy":2glbr8tr said:
congrats bro. i like the white RGD3127, but wasn’t sure i wanted Basswood. i believe the scale length is the same though as the km7?
Yeah it's the same scale length. I don't know what it is but the Ibanez plays easier for me. I wasn't sure on the Basswood either but my other Prestige and the new Genesis RG's both sounded killer through the BE-100 so not too much of a concern for me at this point. Hoping I will dig the pickups. I'll dig into the guitar this weekend for sure.

Nice man! Ibanez makes some great guitars. I had one of those AZ here for a while and it was awesome.

mooncobra":1k3q79mc said:
Nice man! Ibanez makes some great guitars. I had one of those AZ here for a while and it was awesome.
Right on. How did you like the DiMarzio Fusion humbuckers?

Happy birthday!! And Happy NGD!!

JMO, but I don't think basswood sounds bad. IME, it's pretty balanced and not really missing anything. Personally, it's not been my first choice because it's soft (and dents more easily), but I have a few basswood guitars, too, and I think they all sound really good.

crwnedblasphemy":28o3q738 said:
Prestige models are smooth to play. I won't let my 2 go.
Yeah man I hear you. Both my Prestige’s play and sound killer. Funny, my RG has the Edge Zero and the new one has the Lo Pro Edge. I don’t necessarily prefer one over the other.

ChurchHill":28o3q738 said:
Happy birthday!! And Happy NGD!!

JMO, but I don't think basswood sounds bad. IME, it's pretty balanced and not really missing anything. Personally, it's not been my first choice because it's soft (and dents more easily), but I have a few basswood guitars, too, and I think they all sound really good.
Thanks and thanks! Lol!

Yeah man this guy and my other Prestige RG sound killer through the Henning and Friedman. I am basically a moron when it comes to what “good wood” is for a guitar and always worried that basswood was garbage because let’s be honest, it just sounds like the name for garbage wood! Lol! No denying the guitars sound killer though, so zero f*cks! Played this guy for about an hour and just love it to pieces. I am really surprised by the Fusion humbuckers as it seems some folks have really been bashing them. Quite honestly they are the first DiMarzio’s I’ve dug in ages.

mchn13":2bje6s9c said:
JerEvil":2bje6s9c said:
How about now?

Can see them now. That looks sick. The neck is thicker than the km?
Yeah it is. Feels killer. The guitar is absolutely amazing.

MetalHeadMike":2bje6s9c said:
That color is sick :rock:
Thanks! Yeah it’s stunning in person. Been wanting this guys for a while now. So stoked.

I wish my wife would buy me a guitar! :D Looks like you got a steal on that one too. I've got the little brother version of it, RGDIR7M, and I couldn't be happier for the price. Ibanez is churning out some solid guitars as of late.

That Prestige you mentioned, was it that RG3250 you were looking at?

PBGas":2zq17400 said:
Beautiful looking axe! Many congrats! Love the colour!
Thanks man! By the way, I’m working up the HX tonight and will fire up the pedalboard tomorrow. Opting for using the Friedman footswitch if I need to change channels.

J8sW2Dml.jpg

JKingV2":2zq17400 said:
Nice score man! Love that color with the pickups too! Got me an RGDUC7S all black. Enjoy!
Oh man that’s a sick guitar. I am looking at this Ash Weathered Black one’s with the Reverse headstock. Kind of on an Ibanez tear at the moment, which I never thought I’d say!

vultures":2zq17400 said:
I wish my wife would buy me a guitar! :D Looks like you got a steal on that one too. I've got the little brother version of it, RGDIR7M, and I couldn't be happier for the price. Ibanez is churning out some solid guitars as of late.

That Prestige you mentioned, was it that RG3250 you were looking at?

Right on man! The RGD’s are so killer looking. Yeah I grabbed the 3250. Really enjoying it as well.

Here it is with his buddies!

zPs2Egsl.jpg

Back