NPD - It's Cold and Dark here....

Steinmetzify

Black Winter in my Charvel pointy......chucked a Bourns pot in there too, so volume roll-offs are a fuckin love tap

JBpwA9u.jpg

bF0GG1S.jpg

Dig it...got a fuckin MEAN growl to it, especially in drop B.....power chords are chunky as fuck, it's tight and holds together down low, cleans up decently and looks cool doing it. Plus got it for free, can't beat that.

Clip:

https://soundcloud.com/steinmetzify/itscoldanddark

Bad ass, still curious about that pickup myself, especially since so many call it a souped up Duncan distortion. Love the single pickup single volume configuration too.

Blackened Black Winter? I'm curious about those. I love my regular Black Winters. Have you tried those? Any chance you can compare them?

Rex Rocker":i22xodni said:
Blackened Black Winter? I'm curious about those. I love my regular Black Winters. Have you tried those? Any chance you can compare them?

Dood it's the same exact pickup, just different paint scheme, you're not missing anything, you're good broheem!

indespise":2wnc469j said:
Bad ass, still curious about that pickup myself, especially since so many call it a souped up Duncan distortion. Love the single pickup single volume configuration too.

Missed this one. Dude if you dig the Distortion you’ll love this.

OP did you have to special order the Black Winter with the hex pole pieces ? The ones I've seen have all had the standard screws and slugs

hammered":zj1ts99k said:
OP did you have to special order the Black Winter with the hex pole pieces ? The ones I've seen have all had the standard screws and slugs

The Blackened Black Winters come like this mang

Steinmetzify":1jfgx55y said:
hammered":1jfgx55y said:

Where’d you order it from , except for a neck version on eBay I can’t find one to save my life

I didn't care for the BW when I tried it a few years ago. Could have been the particular rig I was running just didn't jive with it, and I do want to try one again. It just felt too self-overdriven if that makes sense. If I played with a ton of gain (More than I care to) it was pretty awesome, but if I backed off the gain on the amp to levels I normally play with it seemed the pickup just had this wonky overdriven thing going on.

MetalHeadMike":stvr7xl7 said:
I didn't care for the BW when I tried it a few years ago. Could have been the particular rig I was running just didn't jive with it, and I do want to try one again. It just felt too self-overdriven if that makes sense. If I played with a ton of gain (More than I care to) it was pretty awesome, but if I backed off the gain on the amp to levels I normally play with it seemed the pickup just had this wonky overdriven thing going on.
Could've been the amp, man. Through my Randall, it was kind of underwhelming at first, but it really shines through my Krank.

Pickup height really affects this pick up too, it needs to be further from the strings than you would typically put a humbucker.

hammered":adb78wuy said:
Steinmetzify":adb78wuy said:
hammered":adb78wuy said:

Where’d you order it from , except for a neck version on eBay I can’t find one to save my life

Didn't, got it from a guy on here. I know they come in some guitars like this, but I was actually looking for exactly this and didn't see any either.

Might shoot an email to the SD Custom Shop, they'd probably do you one up.

Rex Rocker":2u9yybb7 said:
MetalHeadMike":2u9yybb7 said:
Could've been the amp, man. Through my Randall, it was kind of underwhelming at first, but it really shines through my Krank.

Absolutely could have been that amp. I'll try another one someday. I love the DD with my current amps so me thinks the BW should sound good too.

I played with pup height and pole height to beat the band; definitely wasn't that.

Steinmetzify":q5jlheoz said:
hammered":q5jlheoz said:
Steinmetzify":q5jlheoz said:
hammered":q5jlheoz said:

Didn't, got it from a guy on here. I know they come in some guitars like this, but I was actually looking for exactly this and didn't see any either.

Might shoot an email to the SD Custom Shop, they'd probably do you one up.

Thanks for the info , I`d bet those hex poles add a little secret sauce over the standard screw and slug pieces. It looks badass

Back