Fake Vintage Marshall Gear

Wow. I think there is another guy trying to pass off fake vintage Marshall gear in LA. There used to be a member here called Savage Riffer. I remember him saying there is a guy in LA ripping people off, and his first and last name were very similar, but I also remember Savage Riffer saying the guy was using at least 6 or 7 different names. I think the guy specializes in vintage Marshall heads and cabs, and supposedly you have to watch out for this guy as well. He has a name for his business, but I cant remember it.

Wow, great stuff.

I have a roll of the EC cloth, it looks better than the stuff in your example. It’s not 100% though. I’m trying to upload a pic.

Yeah the Eric Collins material is very good, pretty accurate. I have used it a few times on cab restores. He also sells a nice cream coloured Park material, as used on Mitch Colbys Park range of amps.

I have not heard of the LA guy, but will remember thanks. I have seen a lot of fake gear on US ebay over the years.

Ok,i am not into vintage Marshall stuff. But damn if i didn't enjoy reading that article. Thanks for posting it.

rottingcorpse":a5ji2721 said:
Ok,i am not into vintage Marshall stuff. But damn if i didn't enjoy reading that article. Thanks for posting it.

Agreed. It is well written and doesn’t come off as snobish. Great general information for anyone into vintage Marshall’s.

Wow thanks guys, glad you enjoyed reading it. btw this is the type of stuff I want people to be more aware of on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marshall-196 ... SwksBbZ~72

This is a 1968 basketweave cab that has been modified, not a pinstripe. Notice the wide metal handles. He has edited the title and description since, but it was originally being sold as an all original 1966 cab! Asking price is ridiculous.

Bygone_Tones":23bagtwv said:
that has been modified

To me these cabs look weird/fake; the retolex job is bad for sure, bad the sides of the cab aren't round like the original cabs i seen. Just my opinion anyway :)

Back