Soldano SLO 100’s...not one for sale anywhere new or used?

RedPlated

I know about the Soldano building being sold, Mike retiring etc... I was thinking about selling my SLO 100 and was looking around for current used prices. I cannot find one SLO, new or used, for sale anywhere. Wondering if I should just hang onto it.

After Mike retires, everything will calm down and they'll sell for the usual 2500-3K as usual. For now, panic has set in and people will be able to gouge for ridiculous prices.

Racerxrated":aed6omrt said:
After Mike retires, everything will calm down and they'll sell for the usual 2500-3K as usual. For now, panic has set in and people will be able to gouge for ridiculous prices.

exactly

Maybe they'll get as hard to find as a CCV.

But in all seriousness, what is the approximate number of SLO's built? Has to be up there since they were made consistently for so many years.

RedPlated":31jdt58w said:

But in all seriousness, what is the approximate number of SLO's built? Has to be up there since they were made consistently for so many years.
This was discussed a bit in the other thread, I think the number is around 2600. No way that many CCVs were produced, so that comparison is out. I mentioned it was similar to the C+, same number out there give or take. 2000 2Cs and 1500 or so factory C+. Those go for 2400-4K depending on options.

Racerxrated":jqlql546 said:
RedPlated":jqlql546 said:

This was discussed a bit in the other thread, I think the number is around 2600. No way that many CCVs were produced, so that comparison is out. I mentioned it was similar to the C+, same number out there give or take. 2000 2Cs and 1500 or so factory C+. Those go for 2400-4K depending on options.

I’ve got a couple of the production CCV’s. The best estimate I’ve gotten so far is 25 were built. Another 25 were scheduled but never produced. I highly doubt they will ever be made again. That’s a very, very small amount of amps out there.

Yes, the IIC+/++’s are a good comparison. Those are getting hard to find and pricey as well. I’ve got a factory IIC++ that’s one of around 12-15 built. That and the CCV’s will probably never go anywhere. Just too hard to replace.

I see the SLO’s staying high in value after this point. The production numbers are low enough (e.g. IIC+’s) and there’s no way to get a real Mike Soldano built amp anymore. Even if someone else produces them, they won’t have that going for them.

RedPlated":2utelvym said:
Racerxrated":2utelvym said:
RedPlated":2utelvym said:

I’ve got a couple of the production CCV’s. The best estimate I’ve gotten so far is 25 were built. Another 25 were scheduled but never produced. I highly doubt they will ever be made again. That’s a very, very small amount of amps out there.

Yes, the IIC+/++’s are a good comparison. Those are getting hard to find and pricey as well. I’ve got a factory IIC++ that’s one of around 12-15 built. That and the CCV’s will probably never go anywhere. Just too hard to replace.

I see the SLO’s staying high in value after this point. The production numbers are low enough (e.g. IIC+’s) and there’s no way to get a real Mike Soldano built amp anymore. Even if someone else produces them, they won’t have that going for them.
CCVs and CCMs could be made again, since the creator is still out there working. And, the production CCVs are not the same as the pre pros so there's a different circuit between them, not drastic but pre pros are worth more. Hopefully he can produce those again with the CCM....that's the rarest as I believe there's only 2 out there. For those thinking he can't because of that agreement, all the production amps were not original to his designs as he left some details out of the schematics he passed on. That's why the Old Bitch isn't quite an Aldrich, etc..

Racerxrated":gvg33j63 said:
RedPlated":gvg33j63 said:
Racerxrated":gvg33j63 said:
RedPlated":gvg33j63 said:

CCVs and CCMs could be made again, since the creator is still out there working. And, the production CCVs are not the same as the pre pros so there's a different circuit between them, not drastic but pre pros are worth more. Hopefully he can produce those again with the CCM....that's the rarest as I believe there's only 2 out there. For those thinking he can't because of that agreement, all the production amps were not original to his designs as he left some details out of the schematics he passed on. That's why the Old Bitch isn't quite an Aldrich, etc..

The difference in the CCVs is because the pre-pros were customized based on what the user wanted after Mark talked to them. Before the production amps there wasn't a completely standardized CCV circuit, they were all tweaked for the user. That was where the Custom came in in the CCV name.

As for value if I use flipper logic my single channel CCV hand built my Mark should be worth $10k since it is one of a kind and Mark originally built it for himself to be his amp :LOL: :LOL:

But yeah as for SLOs and the other Soldano amps a combination of flippers looking to profit off them and people having panic attacks have bought out pretty much all of them. Makes me really pissed I missed a snakeskin SLO for $2100 about a year ago to a flipper that grabbed it and immediately resold it for a substantially higher price since I have always wanted one but never picked one up. Ah well, guess I'll add it to the list of amps to build...

RedPlated":287eirn1 said:

Around 3500

I think the days of $2100 - $2600 for used stock SLO's are generally gone with the occasional exception of a desperation sale. I'd bet that once Mike Soldano closes the shop and everything dies down we'll start seeing stock SLO's going for sale in the $2800 - $3500 range with some going for a lot more.

david simpson":1dckhirn said:
RedPlated":1dckhirn said:

Around 3500

Actually it's closer to 2450 -2500; I bought a 2018 model made earlier this year that is #2420. With the used vs new cost difference I doubt that Mike has made too many SLO's within the past few years since there just has not that much demand for a new $4200 stock amps when a person could buy a used one for $2100 - $2500 all day long (before news of his retirement).

gmcelroy":yptfyeu0 said:
david simpson":yptfyeu0 said:
RedPlated":yptfyeu0 said:

Around 3500

Actually it's closer to 2450 -2500; I bought a 2018 model made earlier this year that is #2420. With the used vs new cost difference I doubt that Mike has made too many SLO's within the past few years since there just has not that much demand for a new $4200 stock amps when a person could buy a used one for $2100 - $2500 all day long (before news of his retirement).

Well - I asked him in person last Month and the Man said around 3500 to me.

david simpson":29cyxy7r said:
gmcelroy":29cyxy7r said:
david simpson":29cyxy7r said:
RedPlated":29cyxy7r said:

Around 3500

Actually it's closer to 2450 -2500; I bought a 2018 model that is #2420. With the used vs new cost difference I doubt that Mike has made too many SLO's within the past few years since there just has not that much demand for a new $4200 stock amps when a person could buy a used one for $2100 - $2500 all day long (before news of his retirement).

Well - I asked him in person last Month and the Man said around 3500 to me.

Well, that's kinda odd. I'm definitely not doubting at all what Mike told you but what he said and how his SLO's are serial numbered don't add up! I've also talked with Mike on a couple of different occasions over the phone when I had a repair done on one of my older SLO's and he described how the serial numbers are structured... the first two numbers represent the year then followed by the chronological production number. An SLO with serial number 87006 was made in 1987 and was the 6th SLO made..etc. My newest SLO has serial number of 182420 so based on the serial number it was built in 2018 & the 2420th SLO made and was built this last spring.

Id sell now!
I cannot believe that Mike would spend 30 years building a business, then just bury it in a hole?
He must be working a deal with someone or a company to keep building Soldanos, maybe a SLOII?
I mean, it's his retirement plan?!
Anyways, If I had one, I would sell it now while the frenzy is still alive.
Mike's a true gentleman!

There was one with a 212 cab on Reverb yesterday. Shows now that it’s no longer available. The price is shown as $5500.

Back